Chimp Choker

Ebay, Arrrrghhhh

afternoon. i'm hoping someone on the zone can help me with an issue i think i may have.....

i recently sold my old haulingan on ebay, and was offered just under my asking price if i would do a buy it now

i agreed, and the buyer made a payment to my paypal email address for the amount we agreed. all good

i dispatched the next day on a royal mail 1st class signed for, as stated in the original auction. this is where it gets messy

i dispatched on the 8th, and the royal mail track and trace shows as leaving my local post office on the 8th, but he has not received the item. he has just sent me an abusive email saying how dissapointed he is, and that he has had to cancel travel plans because the item has not arrived, (over a car stereo).

what i am asking is where do i stand. i believe he cant leave negative feedback as this was done outside of ebay.

also royal mail 1st class is not next day, and i never offered that, i did specify that i would dispatch next day, and IMO thats what i did. the royal mail T&T honors this.

am i ok, or can he cause issues for me. i appreciate his side of the coin, but i have followed everything he asked for to the letter, i even texted him the T&T number, but he has chose not to text me back regarding his issue.

sorry to rant, just want to make sure i am covered

aye royal mail 1st class signed for. on the royal mail website it shows as leaving the post office i dropped it off at, but thats all. i posted it at 14:00 thursday the 8th, and that's when it says it left the post office

logic states im ok, but really wound up

If the tracking code should say when it's out for delivery, shouldn't it?

Don't worry about it IMO, he's going to get it and you can check if he's received it. Cancelling travel plans is his own decision if he's too impatient, he can collect it from his post office for whatever reason he misses it

You have proof of postage on the 8th. It's not your fault it didn't get to him. Tell him to stop being a drama queen and wind his neck in. He'll have to wait till Monday, end of. Then if it doesn't appear it's royal mails problem not yours. As for eBay, I bet they have this sort of occurrence everyday and would remove anything negative left by him if it can be proven it was out of your control.

Maybe he'll ask for another discount? Laugh loudly if he does.

I'm not too sure on the whole "how do you stand element" but with regards to the Royal Mail signed for service, if you put in a claim for a lost item with them, the max they would pay out is 10 times the first class stamp price, so would be approx £50.

Also they wouldn't class it as lost until after 15 working days.

However as you rightly said, it isnt a guaranteed next day service and the aim is to deliver in 1-2 working days but that is just an aim. admittedly the vast majority do arrive in this time frame, which would be Monday.

You've provided the service you have said you offered originally, if he had wanted it guaranteed the next day then he could have asked for it to be posted Special Delivery and paid for it.

Not your problem in my eyes, so dont worry bout it, hes just being overly dramatic about it all.

As above. Plus, if you ended the auction early without actually setting up a BIN, and he sent you the money as a gift, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Buyer beware, especially when dealing outside of normal ebay.

You can see his point though, as if it were any of you i bet you would be stomping up and down ;) or another thread "ebay ive been stiched" :lol:

You can prove you have sent it on the day you said, so he can see its Royal Mails fault. And unfortunately these things do happen. I sent some wheels to Ireland, and the guy emailed me two weeks later saying he never recieved them. Then it turned out they were still with the courier as they lost the label! But all got sorted amicabley.

He will just have to be patient, and hope Royal mail find it!