GJN

Bmw La Wheel, Individual

I just downloaded the build spec. sheet for my car from BMW.

Everything's right apart from the wheels, which are specced as:

"BMW LA wheel, Individual"

According to the German translation of that bit, the missus thinks that the 'individual' [or mischbereifung in German] means the tyres are different sizes (which they are - front & rear).

As far as I'm concerned my wheels are M Sport badged MV2's,although I must admit I've not seen them on a 2002 car very often. Maybe someone changed them at some point? The tryes are definitely standard sizes.

Pretty sure from looking at realoem that the la bit means light alloy, and the individual means either that they come 'each', ie you buy 4 individual wheels rather than them being actual BMW Individual. Either that or they call them individual as you could spec them on cars that didn't come with them?

Pretty sure from looking at realoem that the la bit means light alloy, and the individual means either that they come 'each', ie you buy 4 individual wheels rather than them being actual BMW Individual. Either that or they call them individual as you could spec them on cars that didn't come with them?

No idea. LA could indeed mean light alloy, the German translation on the spec. seems to be LM, which might mean "lichtmetalen" which is...you guessed it.

More than likely added at a later date, they were standard on the facelifts from 2003 onwards I believe. Out of interest how do you download the spec sheet? I have the original BMW order form for my car with all the exteas etc but would be intersting to see the spec sheet online?

More than likely added at a later date, they were standard on the facelifts from 2003 onwards I believe. Out of interest how do you download the spec sheet? I have the original BMW order form for my car with all the exteas etc but would be intersting to see the spec sheet online?

See post #3 here:

Very interesting, now that would explain my post a few weeks back where my car is "scarab green" but log book and insurance has it down as blue.

The spec sheet states the colour on the front page as SONDERLACKIERUNG (490) which is German for 'Special Lacquer/Paint' which is correct as its an individual, on the second page it has the colour code "scarab green-metalic" code 444, also correct. The confusion is the main colour "490" which is also BMW paint code for "AEGAEISCHBLAU" = some kind of BLUE, very confusing! Ive already notified the insurance to change it to green and will be changing it on the log book once i receive it. Its never easy being an "individual" :)

Very interesting, now that would explain my post a few weeks back where my car is "scarab green" but log book and insurance has it down as blue.

The spec sheet states the colour on the front page as SONDERLACKIERUNG (490) which is German for 'Special Lacquer/Paint' which is correct as its an individual, on the second page it has the colour code "scarab green-metalic" code 444, also correct. The confusion is the main colour "490" which is also BMW paint code for "AEGAEISCHBLAU" = some kind of BLUE, very confusing! Ive already notified the insurance to change it to green and will be changing it on the log book once i receive it. Its never easy being an "individual" :)

Very similar to my old Honda Prelude which was IIRC "Azure Blue", but was documented as green - to some people it looked green, and blue to others.

Very similar to my old Honda Prelude which was IIRC "Azure Blue", but was documented as green - to some people it looked green, and blue to others.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, mines like that, green in dull light but more like greeny/purple in bright sunshine, nothing like blue of any form lol, thought I'd change the logbook/insurance just in case

GJN, what does the whole line say?

Ive checked mine (a late 2001 early facelift) and it has

S789A M LM-RAEDER MIT MISCHBEREIFUNG BMW LA wheel, Individual

Apart from the "S" number, its the same as yours, yet mine has MV1s.

MIne was an ex demo car, and according to the data sheets had the wood trim interior! :o

Im guessing that the buyer said he'd buy it if it had the silver trim that it has now LOL :D

GJN, what does the whole line say?

Ive checked mine (a late 2001 early facelift) and it has

S789A M LM-RAEDER MIT MISCHBEREIFUNG BMW LA wheel, Individual

Apart from the "S" number, its the same as yours, yet mine has MV1s.

MIne was an ex demo car, and according to the data sheets had the wood trim interior! :o

Im guessing that the buyer said he'd buy it if it had the silver trim that it has now LOL :D

Yeah, that figures. I reckon someone put later wheels on mine.

I wonder if it's 'non-standard' now for insurance?

Mine says "S299A LM RAEDER MIT MISCHBEREIFUNG BMW LA wheels with mixed tyres". So I'm guessing that the "mixed tyres" bit means staggered wheels? Mines got style 32's on it, which afaik all 328Ci's did?

Weirdly, mine also says "S434A INTERIEURLEISTEN Interior surface aluminium", so I'm assuming that someone put piano black trims in it at some point?

Also, I'm assuming that "S760A INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE High gloss shadow line" is the exterior trim?

Edited by Bahnstormer

What is your S number? Is it the same as mine?

Im pretty sure I saw the MV2s were an option on the facelift mate.

Same number S789A.

If they were an option (they're obviously E46 330i Sport wheels, but maybe from '03 rather than '02) I can't see it being a big deal?

Mine says "S299A LM RAEDER MIT MISCHBEREIFUNG BMW LA wheels with mixed tyres". So I'm guessing that the "mixed tyres" bit means staggered wheels? Mines got style 32's on it, which afaik all 328Ci's did?

Weirdly, mine also says "S434A INTERIEURLEISTEN Interior surface aluminium", so I'm assuming that someone put piano black trims in it at some point?

Also, I'm assuming that "S760A INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE High gloss shadow line" is the exterior trim?

Balls. I was hoping that the S number was the Style number. But thats not it. MV1s are Style 72, MV2 are Style 135.

Yep shadow line is the black trim around windows instead of chrome

Same number S789A.

If they were an option (they're obviously E46 330i Sport wheels, but maybe from '03 rather than '02) I can't see it being a big deal?

As long as you didnt change them then they were factroy as far as you know right :)

Yep shadow line is the black trim around windows instead of chrome

As long as you didnt change them then they were factroy as far as you know right :)

Thats not right mate. So, if it had an M5 V10 fitted by someone else, 'it didnt happen' and its factory. Right? LOL!

As far as I know, the MV2s did actually come on the facelift car. Im 99% positive I saw it as an option for MY car, so I was cursing that the dealer hadnt picked them, as I prefer the later wheel to the MV1. Im trying to find when they were an option as we speak.

Edited by Matt_S

Thats not right mate. So, if it had an M5 V10 fitted by someone else, 'it didnt happen' and its factory. Right? LOL!

As far as I know, the MV2s did actually come on the facelift car. Im 99% positive I saw it as an option for MY car, so I was cursing that the dealer hadnt picked them, as I prefer the later wheel to the MV1. Im trying to find when they were an option as we speak.

Pretty sure you'll find MV2's were from '03. I wouldn't change mine though even though they might not be original. I like them better than the MV1's too.

obv there is a limit, you can get away with it with wheels, especially MV1 - MV2

MV2s were standard on facelift cars, MV1 were standard on pre facelifts

HTH

obv there is a limit, you can get away with it with wheels, especially MV1 - MV2

HTH

What year was the facelfit? How do you tell: Chrome grille? clear side repeaters etc? Mines got both.

HTH

What year was the facelfit? How do you tell: Chrome grille? clear side repeaters etc? Mines got both.

Thats my point. Mines a facelift but it has the MV1s. They must have been a no cost option to have the MV2s.

GJN,

Pre Facelift with MV1s.

3134921-1.jpg

Facelift (with MV1s again!)

IMG_7729.jpg

Edited by Matt_S