Quiksilver_TR

Relocation Of Climate Control

Fitted andrive unit today which required the relocation of the climate control.

But, the climate control unit doesn't seem to fit in the slot above the ashtray.

Size wise it's fine but it doesn't stay in the hole and won't sit straight.

I thought it was supposed to fit in there or do I need another part??

I'll get some pics shortly.

Thanks

For it to fit 100% you need the relocation panel.

There are two types one for the older 18mm individual switches above the ashtray or the 16mm button bar type.

Search the forum oft the thread with part numbers in it.

Out of interest is there any easy cheap way to get digital tv on my standard widescreen sat nav/ tv screen?

if its an OEM setup, there is an option on the bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-DIGITAL-TUNER-DVB-T-TV-AND-MOTION-CABLE-E46-E39-E38-X3-X5-MOVE-LEAD-NEW-/360438558212?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item53ebcfee04#ht_4367wt_948

MUST have analogue TV already though

Fitted andrive unit today which required the relocation of the climate control.

But, the climate control unit doesn't seem to fit in the slot above the ashtray.

Size wise it's fine but it doesn't stay in the hole and won't sit straight.

I thought it was supposed to fit in there or do I need another part??

I'll get some pics shortly.

Thanks

Yes the relocation panel is available from BMW, or you can workaround by wrapping the HVAC panel and it stays in better.

Okay, I was getting lost with this as well and just wanted to know if the relocation panel still has a place for a shades and all. Also do you have to get off the gear gaiter to fit the panel in? Thank you

Okay, I was getting lost with this as well and just wanted to know if the relocation panel still has a place for a shades and all. Also do you have to get off the gear gaiter to fit the panel in? Thank you

Yes its dead easy though. A few screws. Gaiter just pulls out from one corner.

You lose the sunglasses holder unfortunately. Then again mine was always full of junk anyway!

Yes its dead easy though. A few screws. Gaiter just pulls out from one corner.

You lose the sunglasses holder unfortunately. Then again mine was always full of junk anyway!

It's easy, I did it without any videos, just worked it out myself!

Take off trims, take out head unit, take off gearstick surround, pull out climate controls or sunglass holder, find all the screws, undo them (the climate controls are fiddly because of all the bits stuck in the back of them), replace the unit with the right one (remembering there are 2 types of relocation panel depending on whether your centre console buttons are all on one bar or on individual switches), and reassemble.