Djmobi

Vert Open/close Roof Coding

Hey everyone,

I need to sort out the fact that my roof wont close with the fob.........it opens (Although sometimes stops halfway) but it will not close at all. Same for Windows obviously.

I have searched and read some of the posts i've found and can see that this needs to be done by plugging in your laptop with a special cable and using some software. My car is a 56 Plate Vert Msport so I'm thinking I should buy this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BMW-INPA-Ediabas-K-DCAN-USB-Interface-D-CAN-CAN-20PIN-ADAPTOR-CABLE-/110869278110?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item19d052ed9e#ht_4500wt_982

Just wondered if someone could confirm that I am buying the right thing.

aye that will do it, nice touch you get the pre OBDII 20pin cable also

however if you cant wait as it is in hong kong, i got this, worked flawlessly

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-USB-Diagnostics-OBD-Cable-Interface-lead-Ediabas-Inpa-GT1-DIS-/110882363672?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item19d11a9918

to code the roof you will need to get your head around NCS Expert, easy once you know how, but be warned you can cause damage if not done correctly. you need to change the following in the GM5 module to activate remote open/close

both set to acktiv

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB COMFORT CLOSING WITH REMOTE (POWER WINDOWS, SUNROOF OR CONVERTIBLE TOP)

0002 nicht_aktiv not active

0001 aktiv active

KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB COMFORT OPENING WITH REMOTE (POWER WINDOWS, SUNROOF OR CONVERTIBLE TOP)

0002 nicht_aktiv not active

0001 aktiv active

job done

Can you not do the same coding in SSS?? Im sure I saw it when I changed the options on my car..

Can you not do the same coding in SSS?? Im sure I saw it when I changed the options on my car..

Dunno. Installed it once. Laughed at it and went back to ncs

Ncs FTW

E46 Convertible Imola Red

Dunno. Installed it once. Laughed at it and went back to ncs

whats wrong with it? yes its a bit slow getting the coding out the car, but then pretty simply select and code.. then again im no expert but its quite easy to use ( for me... )

not tried NCS though.

If I remember right post-2004 cars can't be encoded for this.

Mines a 2004 and has the option, it works which is nice... Not sure about newer cars as dont know anyone else with an E46

my old E36 M3 vert had the full closure factory alarm, when it went in for a service they found that the module had a fault, so they replaced under warrenty but turned the full closure off. they said it was a BMW policy due to H&S and security of the car ( guess that if you didnt watch the car fully close, and some tea leaf pushed on the windows the system shuts down leaving your car open )

also, a couple of times in my E46, ive had the keys in my pocket and been faffing around with the alloys or simlar and ive held the button down in error.. looked up and seen the car opening its roof...wouldnt be a problem but it was raining at the time,,

anyway, its more trouble than its worth sometimes....

Edited by havoc

Not available in SSS im afraid. Can be coded in NCS Expert.

Have enabled this on all years of E46.

Sorry to revive a 2 year old thread but thought it be better than creating a new one

Having issues with the comfort open/close on my 03 e46 m3 convertible

Coded the relevant options using NCS, however these are the issues im having:

1. Comfort Open doesn't work at all, none of the windows come down which obviously means the soft top cannot open either

2. One single press the LOCK button locks the car, rolls up all the windows and folds the mirrors. Soft top was already closed so cannot confirm if this would have closed the soft top too on a single press of the lock button
As you can imagine this is quite annoying as I'd like to choose when I want the windows to all roll up and mirrows fold in by press + holding down on the lock button instead of it automatically closing everything every time I decide to lock the car

Have double checked all options and gone through the list again but still the same

Any ideas?

Thank you

That sounds like there's an additional third party module installed, I'm fairly certain that you have to hold the button down to do any comfort opening/closing. Do you have an Intravee? Am I right in thinking that these kind of options are available through that?