aterro

Dsc Light And Orange Handbrake Light? On Constant

It used to come on after 30 mins of driving

Then once turned off and started again it wasn't on

Now it's always on

I've checked brake fluid it's full

What else could it be?

Cheers

It will be one, or both of the DSC pressure sensors which bolt onto the side of the brake master cylinder.

Had the same problem on mine, I changed both the sensors, £100 each from BMW.

Get the fault codes diagnosed if you can just to make sure as faulty ABS wheel speed sensors and steering angle sensors, either the internal or external one can throw up the same lights. However my monies on the DSC sensors- common problem!!

Had this on mine last week, came on two days in a row. Not been on since but have ordered pa soft to do a diagnostics check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine were on, then off quite infrequently in the beginning but after a while they came on every time I used the car!

I have pa soft and it's a great bit of kit! Diagnosed my issue no probs!!

One fault was steering angle sensor. What is this?

Didn't see any abs codes

But my computer went down :(

Not being funny mate, but can you not put two and two together? Steering Angle + Sensor.... Hmmmmm. Maybe the sensor that detects the steering angle?

Nah. Cant be.....

mines done this before, i cure it by turning on the cruise control for a bit activating and accelerating and decelerating with the controls and then turning off, next and the next time i switch the car on, no warning lights, my moneys on steering sensor

The steering sensor is located on the steering coloum and to calibrate it you will have to go full lock to full lock and then centre your steering wheel while on diagnostics.

It will be one, or both of the DSC pressure sensors which bolt onto the side of the brake master cylinder.

Had the same problem on mine, I changed both the sensors, £100 each from BMW.

Get the fault codes diagnosed if you can just to make sure as faulty ABS wheel speed sensors and steering angle sensors, either the internal or external one can throw up the same lights. However my monies on the DSC sensors- common problem!!

As an aside, I have the same problem with one of my pressure sensors, when you changed them and bled the system did you have to go through the ABS bleeding procedure using the diagnostic software or just a straight bleed?

Similar thing has just come up with mine today ....

330CI 2003

DSC central indicator ORANGE

Brake Light RED

Reading through, would it be fair to assume this is the same as Orange / Orange?

Came on today while pottering slowly down to a roundabout, car has been parked for a few hours, just started her up and the lights are still on!

I'd assume, get her wired up and diagnose before having the ABS sensors replaced ......

I am in Brighton if there is anyone close by who can plug and diagnose? :afro:

Hi all,

New here and to BMW ownership.

Picked up my 2004 330ci convertible on Saturday ( test drive 2 weeks previously with no problems).

Guy drove it out the garage for us, and straight across to the tyre fitter as DSC and brake lights orange - he said probably just tyre pressure where car had sat for 2 weeks. They checked these and we drove away lights still on, assured they should go out or will do so after restarting the car. we pulled over up the road and restarted but still one.

Went back Saturday afternoon, balanced front wheels ( we had complained of wheel wobble 60+mph), left with warning lights still on.

Back of car now vibrating/skipping , think wheels need balancing on rear as apparently they didn't do these at same time.

They are convinced that one of the rear tyres is slightly more worn than the other, although well within legal limits and that this is causing the DSC fault. I have been back to them with other suggestions, we know someone who has tracking issues and had to take car back to be re-tracked which solved the issue.

They are suggesting they change the slightly worn rear tyre for a new one, balance the wheels and this will solve the problem. Is this possible ?

I am extremely unhappy that my introduction to BMW ownership has been nothing but hassle for the last 3 days !

Edited by cvn25

Mines come back on again now. Pa soft. Says pressure sensor 1 which is the rear sensor of the two on the master sensor.

How have people changed this as it does not look easy to get too with all the brake pipes around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to bump up the thread I ve had the same lights come on yesterday after removing the front wheel to replace the front wheel arch liner and after fitting the wheel back while driving the dsc and hand brake light came on. could it be some thing as silly as the wheel badly fitted. Not sure if its possible , or i messed up something in the tracking?

Mine came on today (DTC light and amber brake light). I was driving down a typical Edinburgh road - bumpy in other words - at the time, at no more than about 10mph as I was approaching lights and hadn't used the brakes at all.

Tuning off and on again didn't cure it. I haven't done anything to the car/wheels.

I once had some warning lights come on indicating that my tail lights weren't functioning when they were - they went out by themselves and haven't come back: I attributed that to it being a hot summers day combined with not having been driven for a couple of weeks while I was on holiday.

I posted here before about my parking distance sensors not working - after that same spell of 2 weeks in the airport car park which threw up the false light alarm, they briefly worked again and then, just as mysteriously, stopped.

I'll try the trick with the cruise control and, if the fault persists, will take it to a garage; but I'm starting to wonder if there could be a fault with the electrics and, if so, what it could be.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Mine came on today (DTC light and amber brake light). I was driving down a typical Edinburgh road - bumpy in other words - at the time, at no more than about 10mph as I was approaching lights and hadn't used the brakes at all.

Tuning off and on again didn't cure it. I haven't done anything to the car/wheels.

I once had some warning lights come on indicating that my tail lights weren't functioning when they were - they went out by themselves and haven't come back: I attributed that to it being a hot summers day combined with not having been driven for a couple of weeks while I was on holiday.

I posted here before about my parking distance sensors not working - after that same spell of 2 weeks in the airport car park which threw up the false light alarm, they briefly worked again and then, just as mysteriously, stopped.

I'll try the trick with the cruise control and, if the fault persists, will take it to a garage; but I'm starting to wonder if there could be a fault with the electrics and, if so, what it could be.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.