mintimperial

Mint Mobile Rear Ended.

This one will make you feel at home...

Sorry. Couldnt resist.

3956489038_e4383d34a5_z.jpg?zz=1

Oh I dunnno, I reckon I could have a right laugh in that :)

Yes was the same with me. I'll be jealous if they do! I had to put up with a 1.9tdi focus :o

At least it wouldn't be a Micra :D

Well, its actually Albany Assistance who will be providing the hire car. They said it should be no problem providing a BMW as a like for like. We'll see.

I don't rate albany assist at all. They dealt with my claim when someone reversed into my E46. After much arguing about needing a family size car (they tried to give me a matiz!) they gave me a mazda 6 which smelt of dogs/cigs and had more body damage than the car I sent in for repair! I wasnt a happy chappy, hope you have more luck with them mate :)

That sucks :( At least it all sounds fairly straight forward though so should save you some bother.

You should get an HDD hooked up to record footage from the rear facing camera at all times. That'd be sweet, and you could get things like this on camera for evidence :)

I have a front facing accident cam running at all times . On my journey today an ambulance on wrong side of road almost hit me and some old prat in an e90 changed lanes in front of me at less than 50 when I was doing 70 . In addition to that someone almost rolled backwards into me. It is priceless really as all three of those things would likely be settled by insurance 50/50 whereby the camera proves all, unless it's my fault at which point I eat the SD card.

I'll link some footage if anyone is interested, it was an eBay cheapy that's done the job , I'm getting the charger hard wired in next month to dangle from the rear view which is where I hide it. Auto on off then :)

Bad luck mate, oh and use this website to see what class of car you'll likely get, press CTRL F and type BMW and flick through :)

http://apps.abi.org.uk/tphire/SupportingDocuments/GTA%20Car%20rates%20wef%201%20%207%20%2011%20updated%2023%2011%2011%20sent.doc

Lol at the 330 being a 3.3

SP7

BMW Z4 (3.0) / Audi TT Roadster 3.2T Quattro (3.2) / Mercedes-Benz CLK200 Cabriolet (2.0) / Porsche Boxster (2.7) / Mercedes-Benz CLK280 Coupe (2.8), BMW 330 Ci Sport Coupe 3.3, Mercedes CLK240 2597cc, Mercedes CLK270, Nissan Sports 350z 3.5, Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6, Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 V6, Audi A5 TDI Quattro 2967, Audi A4 Cabriolet 2393, Audi A5 S line, Audi A5 Cabriolet 1.8 FSI Auto, Audi A5 Cabriolet 2.0TDI Auto, Audi A5 Coupe 2.0 TDI Auto. Infiniti G37. Mercedes Slk. 300.Sports Pac, BMW 325 coupe, Nissan 370z V6 GT Coupe 3.7L, Audi A4 TDI Convertible 2496cc, BMW 320 Convertible

A little very frustrating update..The bodyshop has quoted the insurance company £1560 to repair the vehicle - this is with them selecting just a standard SE bumper. Seems crazy to me. Albany assistance have directed this to the third parties insurance company and they have 14 days to respond. They have estimated this on the base of the claim being over 66% of the value.

All my mods are declared, therefore, the third parties insurance has to pay for EVERYTHING if the car is written off. By my estimation, this means the repair is NOT over 66% of the cars value.

We will see what happens. I suppose if they do write it off, I may be able to buy back and end up quids in anyway. (if they pay out for everything and sell me the car back for £500 for example.)

Ill have to wait and see what happens, but theres no way im giving up on my car. :(

Depending what company you're with you don't declare the mod's and then the company covers the mods. You simply let them know that the standard part has been replaced with an aftermarket part. However the insurance company will only replace it with a standard part

So really mod's won't add any value to your car, unless maybe you told the insurance company that the value of the car had increased and you wanted to update your policy, but this would probably cause another charge

I'll link some footage if anyone is interested, it was an eBay cheapy that's done the job , I'm getting the charger hard wired in next month to dangle from the rear view which is where I hide it. Auto on off then :)

Please do. A link to the ebay item would be great too if you have it to hand :)

A little very frustrating update..The bodyshop has quoted the insurance company £1560 to repair the vehicle - this is with them selecting just a standard SE bumper. Seems crazy to me. Albany assistance have directed this to the third parties insurance company and they have 14 days to respond. They have estimated this on the base of the claim being over 66% of the value.

All my mods are declared, therefore, the third parties insurance has to pay for EVERYTHING if the car is written off. By my estimation, this means the repair is NOT over 66% of the cars value.

We will see what happens. I suppose if they do write it off, I may be able to buy back and end up quids in anyway. (if they pay out for everything and sell me the car back for £500 for example.)

Ill have to wait and see what happens, but theres no way im giving up on my car. :(

Man that's s**t :( Perhaps if the other insurers would need to pay for the mods too then they'll not class it as a write off? Do they definitely pay for mods? I know Admiral don't :(

Edit: What about getting a different garage to quote the work on the off chance it may be cheaper?

Edited by Gaz

No, the point is it IS NOT my insurance company. My mods are declared...but Im with adrmiral so they are not replaced under MY insurance.

If someone else has hit my car and is at fault, and their insurance want to write it off, they have to give me the cost to replace like for like, surely, INCLUDING mods.

Basically the point im making is that the other insurance company cant say "we dont pay for mods" when it was not me that caused the accident. I have no agreement with them mods or not.

Edited by mintimperial

Yes I know it's the 3rd parties insurers paying for it, but are you sure they pay for mods? As Luke said, a lot of them will just replace the wheels with OEM wheels etc... Not what you want to hear I know :( Do you know who the other person is insured by? Take a look at their T's and C's online.

Yes I know it's the 3rd parties insurers paying for it, but are you sure they pay for mods? As Luke said, a lot of them will just replace the wheels with OEM wheels etc... Not what you want to hear I know :( Do you know who the other person is insured by? Take a look at their T's and C's online.

They surely cant do that. If it is their customers fault, they have to pay for the car regrdless, surely?? They cant just say "oh sorry, we dont pay for mods.." when all i was doing is sitting there in my car, fully declared mods and their silly bint hit me in the back. If they want to write the car off then surely they have to pay me ewhat it would cost to replace the car, LIKE FOR LIKE??? Like I said, I have no agreement with them about mods. They need to replace my car.

Admiral do pay for mods but you have to pay extra for the privelege :(

As said I would be finding out who the other insurer is and getting on to them, doesnt sound good dude :(

Ive just been told that the third parties insurers will have to pay for any modifications and that the value from Glass's is just for calculation purposes. If they decide the car is a total loss, the replacement cost will be the value of the car, plus the value mods.

As said I would be finding out who the other insurer is and getting on to them, doesnt sound good dude :(

Yeah I understand that Admiral dont pay for mods, BUT im not claiming on my insurance. It was her fault. so her insurance company cant decide what they pay for and what they dont.

i certainly see where you're coming from mint, it does stand to reason that your mods are covered but i bet they aren't, i suspect the 3rd party insurance company will turn to YOUR policy for guidance as to value and what is/isnt covered. I.e if you haven't agreed a value for the car and the mods aren't covered i suspect they will just say, your car is a 318i (inset colour spec etc), so that is whats covered.

EDIT, i'll have some ketchup with my words above, hmmmm nothing like eating your own is there. glad they're paying out for them. i hope you get full value to replace the mods. When i crashed my bike i got part value for my kit as it s was 'use', sadly it was all tip top condition ad its not like i want to by seond hand boots and gloves! still i was left out of pocket once i'd replaced everything.

Edited by Dr T

That they do, apparently! http://www.admiral.com/car-insurance/policy-upgrades/modifications-cover.php

Did you get in contact with your insurance company then Mint? If I was you I'd get some reciepts ready

Ive just been told that the third parties insurers will have to pay for any modifications and that the value from Glass's is just for calculation purposes. If they decide the car is a total loss, the replacement cost will be the value of the car, plus the value mods.

Who told you this ?

Its great news :D

I spoke to albany assistance, and this is all theoretical..they may still approve the repair..lol.

Basically if they wont, I just wont let them do anything. ill take the car and tell them to f**k off.

If they do write it off mate then buy it back and fix yourself.

You get some money in your pocket and fix the car nice and cheap!

Hopefully it'll work in your favour mate.

Ben

If they do write it off mate then buy it back and fix yourself.

You get some money in your pocket and fix the car nice and cheap!

Hopefully it'll work in your favour mate.

Ben

Yeah this is the other option. It could work out better that way. theres a sport bumper on the bay for £200 in orient right now...

How can they do that!?

If you declared your mods to your insurance company, and she is insured third party, they have to fix whatever is damaged, standard or not!

If they try and tell you otherwise, give the details to trading standards, because that is not right.

How can they do that!?

If you declared your mods to your insurance company, and she is insured third party, they have to fix whatever is damaged, standard or not!

If they try and tell you otherwise, give the details to trading standards, because that is not right.

Yeah basically if somebody hits you it matters not what your insurance policy is, they must replace like for like whatever is damaged. I could have third party only for example, it wouldn't mean they didn't have to pay at all...they basically have to pay for WHATEVER is damaged, and if they make the car a total loss (pathetic considering the amount of damage) then they will need to pay for everything, not just a bog standard motor. This would be entirely different if i was claiming myself on my own insurance as im with admiral and they dont insure MY mods. Having said that if i hit a modded car, Admiral would HAVE to pay for their mods.