Deezer-D

BBS LM Reps

Got a bit of a dilemma. I have budget tyres on my MV2's and 2 of them have nicks out of the sidewalls where I have clipped the kerb at the edge of my driveway :P

Anyway, my MOT is due 12th Jan so I'll probably change the tyres to be on the safe side even though they all have almost full tread. I was planning on going for Falken FK452's but I was also planning on 19" BBS LM reps (genuine ones are too dear) in the spring. I will have to replace all 4 tyres as mixing and matching isn't a good idea on coupes and the nicks are in one front tyre and one rear tyre and I have the staggered setup. So, what do I do?

Just swap the 4 tyres for Falkens at a cost of £320 ish

Buy the 19's and Falkens

I know a few members have the LM reps. Can you guys post some close up pics and let me know where you got them please? I've seen a lot of posts on E46Fanatics referring to Linea Corse - Does anyone know of a UK supplier for these?

Anyone got these?

http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/detail.php?siteid=1199

Cheers

D

glad you've listened to the voice of reason Deezer and are getting the 19s ;)

You're a bad influence Mr. Dunlop!

Just had a look on www.falkentyres.co.uk and 4 tyres comes to approx £450. Wheels are £850 + 25 delivery so total would be £1325 ;)

4 tyres for my MV2's would be £365 ish. Now where do I get a spare grand from?!!

Where's the cheapest place for Falkens guys?

Cheers

D

I found that you will be better off getting the LM reps from BM autosport ot BM styling. Their reps are nicer than the Linea Corse. I found that the spokes are shorter than the wheels sold by both BM styling or BM autosport. It's like they use an 18" face on a 19" wheel (which make the 19's look like 18's) if you get my drift.

The best place for great tyre prices is http://www.camskill.com

Please see an earlier thread of mine of pictures of the LM reps on my car purchased from www.bmstyling.co.uk:

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3198

50% of the time it works every time

LOL. You gotta love anchorman.

@ Deezer: Get on to Dan @ maybank motorsport - 0118 9756375.

He is a top bloke. I got a full set of staggered falkens off him for £360 earlier this year. As dicky says 235/255 is your safest bet, or if they are high offset and go for the 265.

I found that you will be better off getting the LM reps from BM autosport ot BM styling. Their reps are nicer than the Linea Corse. I found that the spokes are shorter than the wheels sold by both BM styling or BM autosport. It's like they use an 18" face on a 19" wheel (which make the 19's look like 18's) if you get my drift.

The best place for great tyre prices is http://www.camskill.com

Please see an earlier thread of mine of pictures of the LM reps on my car purchased from www.bmstyling.co.uk:

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3198

Cheers Cage for the advise. I've PM'd Carl of Bmstyling and asked him for price. The BM Autosport ones are £699 which is £150 cheaper than the Linea Corse.

I'll give your contact a shout Marty for tyres if Carl can't do the wheels with FK 452's.

Ok Guys, got some pics of the Linea Corse LM Reps and the BMStyling ones

Linea Corse

Front

lemansfront05.jpg

Rear

lemansrear05.jpg

Fitted to a very clean AW M3

Picture931.jpg

Cars173.jpg

BMStyling

SSL24129.jpg

SSL24133.jpg

Another photo of Cage's wheels (hope you don't mind me using he pic) - these are also BMStyling ones

CageLM.jpg

So which ones are do you guys think look the best?

The 1st ones , the ones on the white M3 , they look like a shinier lip ...although the spokes look too short on these wheels for me ...they have the lip , then seem to have an extra step up before the spokes start ...still damn nice though :rolleyes:

Genuine BBS LM's have a stepped lip

Yes mate those tyres will fit ;)

Or if the offsets are spot on and you are feeling daring you can go for 265/30/19 on the rear :P

I think the offset is 45 but I'll need to check. Would 265 be ok with 9.5" and 45 offset? Would they rub?

I think I'm leaning more towards the BMStyling ones as they have a larger centre than the Linea Corse as well as the stepped lip and are £70 cheaper. The only thing that's putting me off is the colour of the centres on the BMStyling ones - in the pics in my post ^^^^ further up, they look a bit bluey white. Maybe that's just the photo?

Carl can do a wheel and tyre package so it might be the easiest option.