E46-stewie

E36 M3 Mirrors On E46? With A Twist

Hi, i've had an idea for a cheap set of wing mirrors. The top wing mirror in the picture is a standard e36 m3 wing mirror and below is one i have photoshopped to remove the top bar. Was thinking of getting a cheap pair of these wing mirrors and modding them to look like the one i have photoshopped. Looks similar to ac schnitzer mirrors.

m3e36moddedmirrors.jpg

What do you think?

Is it a good idea or a waste of time and money?

I would by a set of genuine E46 M3 mirrors if they weren't so expensive :mad:

Surely they have different base plates and probably connectors too?

ACS Reps aren't that expensive are they?

They can come e46 base plates so thats not a problem,, Think i like them as standard if im honest,, But the only one who can decide if its a waste of time and money is you,, If you like them mate, Go for it,, Plus i like making things bit different aswell so be a good little project.... :thumbsup:

Blair, you're a top man.

That's my mission.

Hate my standard mirrors.

E46 coupe, I take it E92 coupe mirrors are what I need, even seen some on eBay!

Same wiring, plug and play?

And they don't just bolt up either! There is a thread on here about them somewhere...

It's in my 357 thread & also Vas started a thread that I finished.

I better go read them.

Silver E92/3 set at £170 delivered, want them badly!!

Nice, if you got any links etc please share,,,,,,,,M3 mrrors are so dam exspensive

Gonba be beyond me fitting e92 mirrors.

The conversion to fit is too complicated and then requires wiring sorting as well.

Shame, but looks like I am gonna have to save for M3 mirrors.

Back in the max power days, you could buy those single arm M3 type mirrors. They're a little tacky if you ask me.

There are E46 M3 mirrors about for £170 ish if you're patient.

E46 'replica' mirrors are tacky too. They look great until you park next to a M3 and realise what you actually have are M5 mirrors and suddenly they look all wrong!

I dumped mine and went back to my elephant ears... couldn't be bothered with genuine M3 mirrors and the hassle that involved :)

The hassle of ordering them, then finding someone to paint them, then having them fitted. There was an expense element too but that wasn't really a concern at the time. My electric folding elephant ear mirrors cost something like £300 on ebay... and then I bought new covers for them (that were luckily sold to me pre-painted) because the clips on my old ones were broken and had been glued on it turned out, and then I bought new mirror glasses because of my mirror glass transferring fail, so I ended up spending about £600 anyway lol

After that all I had to do was wait until it was service time and ask for them to swap the mirrors out while the car was in.

No not powerfolds, mine were non folding. £200 all in they cost me, including paint, that's what I sold them for too.