feva

M Tec Gear Knob Recovering

Yes spoke to him and he mirrors what you have said above but can get them made so i'm having one done which takes about 2-3 days longer.

Well worth it for the better fit. Glad to of helped.

As said in previous posts washin up liquid to easy it on, take your time.

For the price it makes a great difference.

Pics when done?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edited by feva

Why didn't I see this thread earlier FFS?!? :o

I started off with the original MTec knob which had worn.. When I bought the car, I upgraded to the clubsport knob. I could've re-covered that!

Then recently bought a Storm Motorwerks knob because the clubsport one started to look a little "shiny".. lol.

FFS!!!

Why didn't I see this thread earlier FFS?!? :o

I started off with the original MTec knob which had worn.. When I bought the car, I upgraded to the clubsport knob. I could've re-covered that!

Then recently bought a Storm Motorwerks knob because the clubsport one started to look a little "shiny".. lol.

FFS!!!

Use the search luke!

Lol its one of those things I didn't even think of so search wouldn't have mattered!

Ho hum.. Pretty pleased with the Storm knob but at £90 it's a shed load more than a £6 cover!! Lol

Lol its one of those things I didn't even think of so search wouldn't have mattered!

Ho hum.. Pretty pleased with the Storm knob but at £90 it's a shed load more than a £6 cover!! Lol

Nothing worse than finding stuff out later after you've spent a load of money.

Storm knobs pretty good though.

The member who sent me his knackered knob(can't remember his id, it's on one if the previous pages) the guy Greg from the place you order them from kept his old gear knob to make templates and sent him a brand new one.

Always holding my knob and thinking "now that's a nice new skin"

Just waiting for the cover to arrive but sourced the top badge insert from BMW - for some reason BMW don't list it for my car but i took the risk as i was sure it was the one and it payed off as its the same. Number is 25 11 1 221 613 - cost me £8.21 inc VAT

Just waiting for the cover to arrive but sourced the top badge insert from BMW - for some reason BMW don't list it for my car but i took the risk as i was sure it was the one and it payed off as its the same. Number is 25 11 1 221 613 - cost me £8.21 inc VAT

Was that for a 6speed insert?

Great thread, just about to order some bit's to have a go at mine - thanks for the tips

Got mine off eBay but think I've mentioned not a perfect fit but very good, contacted the seller and they made me one specifically for a mtec.

See if I can find eBay link (seller)

Edit: it's the seller off cos01 post first page he's called Greg drop him a message asking for a mtec fitting one, worth a try, they are a perfect fit where as the other one you'll have to trim some off and the stitching lines don't line up (but not too bad)

Feva, send me the link as I want to redo mine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Great thread, just about to order some bit's to have a go at mine - thanks for the tips

Got mine off eBay but think I've mentioned not a perfect fit but very good, contacted the seller and they made me one specifically for a mtec.

See if I can find eBay link (seller)

Edit: it's the seller off cos01 post first page he's called Greg drop him a message asking for a mtec fitting one, worth a try, they are a perfect fit where as the other one you'll have to trim some off and the stitching lines don't line up (but not too bad)

Feva, send me the link as I want to redo mine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chimp it's cos01 link in the first page, that give you the one that's a bit too big message seller (Greg) tell him what you after he should make it to fit mtec knob. Other member has done that I think? It's a perfect fit.