Sam

Off Topic Chat Volume 2

Whilst we're on the subject of home appliance repair...

We've got an Indeset condenser dryer that keeps tripping the houses electrics when it's been running. I'm guessing it's a short circuit somewhere in the tumble dryer but am at a loss where to look. Anyone got any ideas before I go and spank £200 on a new one? I've checked the obvious things like fuses.

Probably a faulty heater element drawing too much current.

We've got an Indeset condenser dryer that keeps tripping the houses electrics when it's been running. I'm guessing it's a short circuit somewhere in the tumble dryer but am at a loss where to look. Anyone got any ideas before I go and spank £200 on a new one? I've checked the obvious things like fuses.

Just Answers is the site I used to solve mine. Got some excellent technicians on there who you can explain the problem to and they'll answer it for you and keep answering until it is resolved. You only have to pay if they cure the problem. Have to give a donation but it only cost me £11 and my own time repairing it, a lot better than getting someone out. B)

Pics required :P

Already sent one at about 8am... Just not to you hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk due to the fact that I am a feeble woman and I have a squirrel brain... And contrary to popular belief I am not having sexual relations with me Bungle...!

On my washer/dryer it was the thermostatic switch for the air extractor. They are a fail safe and will trip if the air is too hot, or in my case, it was buggered.

I replaced it a few times before giving in to the fact that it'll always trip when the machine is on, so now its just a washer/nothing. It was also a bit of a pig to get to, lid off, and you had to take the air extractor lid off, which had very hidden bolts. Buy a clothes horse, they're only £5!

Probably a faulty heater element drawing too much current.

Cheers, I'll go do a bit of research on the heater elements :)

Just Answers is the site I used to solve mine. Got some excellent technicians on there who you can explain the problem to and they'll answer it for you and keep answering until it is resolved. You only have to pay if they cure the problem. Have to give a donation but it only cost me £11 and my own time repairing it, a lot better than getting someone out. B)

Thanks Mikey. I've seen someone mention that site before actually, it's a really good idea. I'm going to try and exhaust my google-fu before trying it, but when I inevitably end up still not fixing it, this site will be helpful!

On my washer/dryer it was the thermostatic switch for the air extractor. They are a fail safe and will trip if the air is too hot, or in my case, it was buggered.

I replaced it a few times before giving in to the fact that it'll always trip when the machine is on, so now its just a washer/nothing. It was also a bit of a pig to get to, lid off, and you had to take the air extractor lid off, which had very hidden bolts. Buy a clothes horse, they're only £5!

Cheers, I'll check out how to get access to the switch and how much a replacement will be.

We've got a few clothes horses dotted around the house but we're running in to problems with damp now so really want to get the TD sorted. Also, being young and poor means we have a small house, I don't want it being made smaller by filling it with clothes stands! :lol:

Thanks Mikey. I've seen someone mention that site before actually, it's a really good idea. I'm going to try and exhaust my google-fu before trying it, but when I inevitably end up still not fixing it, this site will be helpful!

Yeah, that's what I did but couldn't find the answer anywhere so used these as a last resort. They do know their stuff on there though ! B)

1 week in Texas with work in May, going to see if i can shoot some guns!

Mrs has just come back from Ft. Worth with work, she said it's bloody hot & not much to see there lol

Yeah i expect it to be warm, will have to remember my visor and fanny pack so i fit in, lol.

If you can smuggle me back a cowboy it'll be very much appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk due to the fact that I am a feeble woman and I have a squirrel brain... And contrary to popular belief I am not having sexual relations with me Bungle...!