Phillloyd

Do You Have Netflix + Ps3/xbox?

Hmm, I wonder if I can fudge this to work on a roku somehow... or even on my PC by spoofing stuff with hosts file entries :)

You can change the DNS in browser can't you? Or with some firewalls like Comodo

Not sure what you mean by that. Actually not sure it would even work after reading through the article. Worth a try I suppose, but if I were netflix I would:

1. Know where my user's home location was based on billing information and restrict them using that

2. Be running source IP checks on every connection and block them based on that

So really you'd have to use a proxy server for your netflix connection, which means either paying for a decent proxy service or having one you can use yourself.

DNS is just for looking up IP addresses.

I have a netflix subscription... but never use it. Hardly ever home and rarely watch TV, so my whole setup is a bit of a waste really... looks cool though :thumbup:

When I was off sick, I absolute caned it! All for free!

To be honest, there werent that many 'new' films on there I wanted to see, but I watched all the Heroes series. Then wished I hadnt.... What a s**t ending!

I try to use it a couple of times a month now, but realistically, its wasted now. Keep meaning to cancel to be honest...

Not sure what you mean by that. Actually not sure it would even work after reading through the article. Worth a try I suppose, but if I were netflix I would:

1. Know where my user's home location was based on billing information and restrict them using that

2. Be running source IP checks on every connection and block them based on that

So really you'd have to use a proxy server for your netflix connection, which means either paying for a decent proxy service or having one you can use yourself.

DNS is just for looking up IP addresses.

It works. I've been using it for a while. I switch it on and off only when using Netflix. It appears they base your location on your DNS lookup. Which is odd as I know no one else who does this.

A word of warning to everyone using this. All your DNS requests are going off to a sever you known nothing about. It could be redirecting you all over the place or all sorts of nasty stuff. Use at your own risk.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

In that case you might as well use Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8 in case you didn't know)...