KeithS

Shadowline CSL 19" Wheels ( PICS ADDED)

any word from him yet Keith?

Maybe he's gone around the guys place with a few heavys dave to sort him out!!! :P;)

No word from him on sunday!

Jay that will be happening if he doesn't tell me what i want to hear later! :P

Will keep you all updated on how i get on...

Quick update!

He called this morning and has told me there is a problem with the wheels! ;)

He says he cant get a perfect match to the shadowline colour, so he is taking them to a bigger company in Kent this morning that have a wider range of paint colours to see if they can get a match!!

Will be getting a call back within the hour with an answer.

Quick update!

He called this morning and has told me there is a problem with the wheels! ;)

He says he cant get a perfect match to the shadowline colour, so he is taking them to a bigger company in Kent this morning that have a wider range of paint colours to see if they can get a match!!

Will be getting a call back within the hour with an answer.

LEPSONS !

Have just spoke to him again!

Seems like he might have had someone else do the repair and when he went to pick them up he says he wasn't happy with the finish!

He has apolgised for not returning my calls on saturday which i can only accept as he still has the wheels if i start shouting the odds it could be hard to get them back!

I have made it clear that im not happy with his service so far!

So today he took the wheels to Lepsons in Kent but they couldn't match the colour, so he then got onto all his supplier to track down the paint finish.

They have found it but it has to come from spain, he told me it should be with him tomorrow or wednesday.

The bad news the paint is going to cost him £112 a litre ouch!!

Ask him what he is looking to charge me? £75 a wheel but this is for the wheels to be fully repainted and baked and not just blended into the old paint!

I wont be paying unless they are a true match to the other two rims!

So am hoping to have them back and on the coupe before Bluewater! Fingers crossed!!

Ah man what a pain. Hope u get them sorted. How bad were the chips? Could u just have them back and put them on as they are?

The chips weren't that bad, but wanted them right before i put them on!

I now think i should have just lived with the chips! ;)

Theyve already been repaired and painted but the paint isn't right so no point in getting them back as they are!

what a p**s about just hope the colour match is ok but i some how think it might not

Tell me about, if the match isn't right he will have to paint the other two free of charge!

What a nightmare, i would be weary about the colour match and would definately match them to the front rims before parting with any cash.

If the colour is off make sure you dont pay!

Don't worry no way i will be parting with any cash unless the match is 100%

Waiting for him to call back at mo!

He comes highly recommended by dicky so shouldn't be a problem!

But if there is, boy the sh$$ will hit the fan!!

Is this the chap dicky mentioned in some other threads? Sounds to me like you should have just got the wheels done by BMW for the sort of money he's charging... I'm pretty sure they'd have been able to get the colour match without messing you about ;)

Hopefully you'll have them soon! :P

I just realised I've given my car in for a bunch of work and I might not get it back in time for Saturday! :s

Is this the chap dicky mentioned in some other threads? Sounds to me like you should have just got the wheels done by BMW for the sort of money he's charging... I'm pretty sure they'd have been able to get the colour match without messing you about ;)

Hopefully you'll have them soon! :P

I just realised I've given my car in for a bunch of work and I might not get it back in time for Saturday! :s

Yes it is the guy who dicky has mentioned!

He does all the work for Bmw.

The wheels are reps and not a Bmw finish! So they wouldn't and couldn't help with a colour match!

Yes it is the guy who dicky has mentioned!

He does all the work for Bmw.

The wheels are reps and not a Bmw finish! So they wouldn't and couldn't help with a colour match!

Fair enough!

wow there must be some speical colour but i hope you get it the way you like it. sometime life is just like that a simple job can become a nightmare and ontop of this bad service.

i am guessing if you gave it to someone else they probly have same problem with colour match but not service

Seeing as he has already done 2 of the wheels, would it just not be easier to get him to match your remaining 2 wheels to the ones he has just finished? At least you're guaranteed they will all be the same colour.

Either way, hope you get sorted, sounds like its been a right pain in the hole