DaveM

330D Smoking On Hard Acceleration

Apologies if I ve missed a similar subject, my 330 d auto runs fine , sounds fine . Only stress is on heavy acceleration . When first putting pedal down it gives out a burst of pure black smoke which clears to a 2or3 second waft of greyish reek which then clears I've had it suggested everything from dirty injectors to fecked turbo. Any thoughts would be welcome. (Just not the fecked turbo ones ) !!!

That's quite normal, my previous 330d auto used to chuck loads of crap out when you nailed it, ran fine though and pulled like a train.

The current one is better, but does still smoke when you boot it.

Nice to hear , thought myself was normal for diesel to smoke a bit. Cheers guys. Quality vid dude. Made me chuckle !

Edited by DaveM

Its soot build up in the cats and when you boot it it gets pushed out the exhaust

If you get a remap because it optimises the fueling and timing plus diesels run slighty rich anyway they tend to smoke less

black smoke is usually fine.Its just unburnt fuel. most of the old diesel mecks i work with say its good because it cools the piston crowns down, but the smallest diesel we have is 16L so i think a m57 is slightly different. more refined