JimmyC

A Tad Lower.

My 'Loon is sitting on 40mm at tho mo on 18" rims, but its settled in and its still a little too high, Im thinking of going 50mm, I don't really want to get coilovers mainly because they make the ride to hard.

Whats other peoples rides sitting at?

Guess its a bit like everyone telling me different suspension front and rear would be dangerous, it wasnt but I guess you cant stop people from voicing their opinions

Are you in the same thread as us?

I have HSD MPs and they are awesome.... Apart from the fact they don't go low enough lol.

+1

El Turko, you can get them lower by lessening the spring pre-load. That's what I had to do to mine

Jake, you have an M Sport! Aftermarket coilovers aren't going to make a huge difference to the harshness of the ride. I have HSD MP's (They were called HSD HR's) and my car is still smoother than my parents completely standard Seat Leon FR

El Turko, you can get them lower by lessening the spring pre-load. That's what I had to do to mine

You're talking about the fronts right?

So if you jack your car up the springs are loose?

Can you send me a pic? As my preload coil is set correctly and almost at the coil over body (at its lowest).

You're talking about the fronts right?

So if you jack your car up the springs are loose?

Can you send me a pic? As my preload coil is set correctly and almost at the coil over body (at its lowest).

Yeah.

Erm, kind of. I lowered the adjusters for the pre-load and the black rubber ring held the spring in place, gave it a wiggle and it wouldn't budge. So lowered to back down. Made a "clunk" (rubber ring had gave way and pushed down to the adjuster) jacked it back up and the spring was still held well in place. Of cause this makes the front ride a bit softer though

I'll try and grab a picture later, need to sort a caliper out today so should be able to get one. My height adjuster is at the bottom as well :(

get shorter springs for the coilovers keep the same spring rate just half inch or inch shorter that will give you some adjustment back

rally design sells them i think and people like protech or eibach will make them

first example i found on ebay so dont buy them but you can have them any length and rate you want

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coilover-Spring-Coil-Over-2-25-ID-X-12-Long-x-250lbs-/230540634684?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ad4aea3c

Edited by autosri