Jasesapphy

E46 330D 300Bhp 500Ft Lb

I spoke to this company last week and the guy stated that the results can be achieved from both 184 & 204 model, is it likley?

No chance with the 184, it's a completely different setup

its torque that will kill transmission not bhp

This ^

My main concern is the clutch & DMF though, as this level torque, the OEM setup will not be able to cope.

What alternatives are there?

Our test 330D had no clutch or DMF issues, like wise my 320d has not had any issues either, there are a few uprated items available, but it really comes down to your own driving style, i am naturally quite easy on clutches and dont launch or do anything to harsh, i think that comes from my Ford back ground where diffs and boxes whould smash and grenade to bits in no time if you were not carefull.

obviosuly they are under far more load than a std car, its really for the owners to try and see how they cope with each particulat driving style.and to see if the stuff fitted is still in good enough order to cope.

We can obviosuly utilise the torque limiters while mapping, if anyone has torque related concerns then we can work with them to provide the specfic amounts they require, it would be quite simple to pull some torque out at certain rpm, and allow the car to have a flatter linerar torque curve, with revs the power can usually be used without any problems, its the low down grunt that will cause issues if any are to be seen.

All our cars get used hard, the 330D was a regular over at the ring.

Edited by james@msd

What hybrid have you gone for? I've just got one with larger compressor & turbine wheel fitted.

Where did you get your hybrid if you don't mind me asking? The only one I can find is the turbodynamics one which at £1450 odd is a touch pricey.

We dont actually ofer a Hybrid turbo ourselves, but we can custom map to suit one, i have often thought about trying one on my own car, but im so happy with the way it is now and how it behaves i class it as finished so ive never really felt the need.

Thanks James

A few people on here have had clutch problems with modded 330d's, running less power & torque than your top package is claiming, so this does concern me a little.

Only if they are worn, i never had clutch slip once since i changed clutch and fly, it was slipping before remap lol

Not so mate - I know of a clutch & flywheel that got replaced in May thats now more or less dead - admittedly it does get alot of abuse.

Both myself & he will be going SPEC stage 3 clutch shortly as mines slipping.

Where did you get your hybrid if you don't mind me asking? The only one I can find is the turbodynamics one which at £1450 odd is a touch pricey.

I'll reveal that once I get mine back, installed and working seeing as it only lasted 5 miles at the weekend before somehow blowing the oil seal.

I'll reveal that once I get mine back, installed and working seeing as it only lasted 5 miles at the weekend before somehow blowing the oil seal.

Fair enough, I need a bit of longevity!

My thoughts exactly - hence why I went for the hybrid and not for the standard seeing as my turbo has only lasted a few months since it got mapped lol

Well I'm wanting to run more boost when I come to fit my injectors so wanted to make sure it would do just that.

This should run 2.3BAR all day hopefully.

James when I called your place last week I was told that stage 3 can be performed on either 184 or 204, is this the case? And if not what is the best power you have achieved out of a 184?

James when I called your place last week I was told that stage 3 can be performed on either 184 or 204, is this the case? And if not what is the best power you have achieved out of a 184?

. Yes we can do it on the lower power models aswell, but the power will be lower, final figures are not available as we haven't dynod one yet at that spec.

Or you could use a more suited turbo choice and make the same if not more power and much less boost pressure.

Totally agree.....if I dont need to run 2.3BAR then I wont, I'm just saying that the capability is there if I wish to make use of it.

I have high hopes for the hybrid once its fitted due to the slightly larger wheels that have been fitted that should flow more air anyway at the same boost.

We will be able to post graphs and have more detailed information once our new dyno cell is finished,

We are currently awaiting the uks first Dyno Dynamics Dyno tech 4x4 rolling road, which will be installed into our custom built cell, it will be one of the best in the uk without a doubt and certainly one of the most accurate.

If anyone is interseted in the build, we have a little thread going on another forum,its quite an interesting read to see what actually goes into it.

http://passionford.c...am-on-10th.html

Edited by james@msd

Its hard to say yet, we will need to get one in for development and see exacty what is acheivable with that particular model, and how it responds to each modification,

The standard remap will gain 30bhp and 60nm of torque, there would be considerable gains past that with the other mods.

Edited by james@msd

The Turbo that ive got came from ecotune im not sure what the specs are to be fair but Stan is a top guy and im sure he would tell you

To be honest i should find out but i was just chuffed with the car as it was lol

The Egr is a talking point!

Agreed if you disconnect it it can throw up the engine light, on my 320 it didnt but on the 330 it did but like i said ive had that part mapped out of the saftware so no light.

Also i know several tuners who have tried mapping cars with the EGR left in but for want of a better word unplugged and then again with one of these straight through pipes from ebay or where ever and there is no power or torque gains to be had from doing so!

If you actually want the egr out of the engine bay then fair enough! but to be honest its a waste of money just for a bit of tube.

On the chargecooler side of things i remember reading an article in Performance BMW mag a few weeks ago and they fitted on to a 150bhp 320D and increased its bhp by about 5bhp

And I was talking to Stan from Ecotune a while back and theyve done a lot with both sizes of diesel engine on the E46 and he seams to think its a waste of time as the charge temp although higher with a re mapped car, obviously!

Isnt worth spending hundred of pounds on when with a front decat, hybrid turbo with a redisigned compressor housing and the correct software 330bhp and plenty of torque is a given.

I would say out of everything ACT is one of the most critical areas, too high causes a LOT of issues, heat is the enemy.

My ACTs were through the roof when testing, the inlet is red hot after very spirited driving

Only way of reducing ACT is charge cooler or intercooler

Or WI actually