Swirl Flaps Removed

EGR valve replaced with power pipe

Large Front mounted intercooler

OBD Custom Remap with EGR Delete

Actually it says 290-300bhp but apparently they did one at 300bhp and 501ft

Edited by Jasesapphy

Yeah, of course.

I need to get the rust sorted before i do anything else. :thumbsup:

Mine wont be far off that when I've fitted the intercooler and new turbo.

Injectors next to see 350ish hopefully.

If they are claiming 300bhp which is doable I would have thought the torque would be around the 550+ side but taking it over the 300bhp may cause problems later with the gear box or diff if its abused and it would be mapped on a rolling road preferably

But it's going to fly if they can get them results but the MPG would be compromised, my e60 530d is 289bhp and 556lb torque and I am considering the larger performance intercooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - 10-4 Out#

That's a bit of a bargain for what you get. I mean when your cruising around not using the millions of torques etc if should maintain similar mpg to a standard car.

I'd personally want them to reduce the torque a bit though as I don't imagine the gearbox will be too happy with it. I'm guessing it'll also increase the wear on the rear subframe mounts.

M3's have less then 300 ftlb of torque and they're relatively prone to it so imagine what 500 plus will do lol. I'd personally add a strengthening kit to my shopping list if going for the stage 3 package. A diff would be nice too lol.

Mate of mine over here has a 204bhp 330d remapped to 270bhp

The thing is a f*cking animal!

The EGR bypass pipe or what ever they call it is a myth you can just disconnect the vacum and it will stop it from using it!

You dont need to to remove all the cats only the first just to reduce the heat soak from it back up to the turbo although i agree that the car will feel more responsive without the second as well!

As for an intercooler, no need!

You get very little gains from it and for the money your better off leaving it alone as you only seen a single figure increase in bhp

My car has had the front cat removed with an ecotune down pipe, EGR mapped out along with the Maxitune software and it was just under 290bhp and limited to 530nm.

The car is capable of a lot more torque but im not wanting to stress the transmission or for that matter the ceramic clutch.

As for the E90 injectors if you read the bosch flow rates the 330D injectors which are the same ones that are used in the 335D arent any better than the standard E46 330D ones and the standard injectors are more than capable of delivering enough fuel.

Ive just had a highbrid turbo fitted to mine along with an up rated map and the car is like a Porsche!

The mid range pull is truly staggering and with just over 330bhp it holds that torque higher up the rev range.

I don’t think you could take the car much high in torque or bhp as it will have detrimental effects on other things like clutch and more importantly the transmission and driveline and to be honest do you really need to?

M3's are nothing, off the line yeah agreed but that’s not everything on the motorway or on a B road an M3 just wouldn’t keep up!

(Ill now await the floods of skeptics and M3 owners!! lol)

The EGR bypass pipe or what ever they call it is a myth you can just disconnect the vacum and it will stop it from using it!

You dont need to to remove all the cats only the first just to reduce the heat soak from it back up to the turbo although i agree that the car will feel more responsive without the second as well!

You get very little gains from it and for the money your better off leaving it alone as you only seen a single figure increase in bhp

My car has had the front cat removed with an ecotune down pipe, EGR mapped out along with the Maxitune software and it was just under 290bhp and limited to 530nm.

The car is capable of a lot more torque but im not wanting to stress the transmission or for that matter the ceramic clutch.

As for the E90 injectors if you read the bosch flow rates the 330D injectors which are the same ones that are used in the 335D arent any better than the standard E46 330D ones and the standard injectors are more than capable of delivering enough fuel.

Ive just had a highbrid turbo fitted to mine along with an up rated map and the car is like a Porsche!

The mid range pull is truly staggering and with just over 330bhp it holds that torque higher up the rev range.

I don’t think you could take the car much high in torque or bhp as it will have detrimental effects on other things like clutch and more importantly the transmission and driveline and to be honest do you really need to?

M3's are nothing, off the line yeah agreed but that’s not everything on the motorway or on a B road an M3 just wouldn’t keep up!

I think its good deal

did you see my other thread about aircharge temps, they do rise too high really when driving hard.

As for the EGR you still have the gubins and valve to be fair, so and egr removal again will help flow, also on a euro 4 it will throw up a fault which is basically any car after a 11/03 build date

I think for the money its good, for a drive in drive out service that you know is safe, from a reputable tuner

Allard cooler £450, EGR delete £80, K&N £50, Remap £300ish, Decat pipe £140, Swirl flaps removal at PMW £150 plus the second cat removed, also will include additional hoses for intercooler etc, also the intercooler supplied has a bigger core than allard. Also its done so all mods are taken into account

If i go and fit a cooler now, its another £300 on top of the £300 i spent, when i had mine done i didnt have exhaust, decat or egr delete

Just think it makes sense doing all in one hit

They will be able to give you injector rates, duty cycle etc as well instead of the guess work of is it safe or isnt it.

As you have a hybrid turbo you may have fitted a bigger exhaust housing which would mean lower egt and lower ACTs

All i will do to my turbo is get new seals, check shaft for wear and fit a 360 Journal bearing, whats done to yours to make hybrid, Bigger compressor, larger

housing?

I still think to go somewhere give £1200, and go from 204 to 300 hp and gain couple hundred foot lb of torque i think bang per buck its pretty good tbh

I spoke to this company last week and the guy stated that the results can be achieved from both 184 & 204 model, is it likley?

Hello guys, great site you have here!

Danny having spent many many hours testing and developing this software and package i can say you are wrong on many points.

Firstly, the EGR valve cannot simply be unplugged. The reason for this is the ecu is fairly clever, and looks for changes in the air flow past the MAF sensor when the EGR is being used, Simply unplugging the EGR vaccum line can under some circumstances flag an engine management fault code.

The valve firmware can be tweaked and manipulated to keep the valve shut so the ECU does not use this function, only then can the valve be removed if necessary, we chose to completly remove the valve on the stage 3 package, as the valve is actually quite restrictive,

Removing the cats will reduce torque, but increase ultimate BHP as the power is moved higher up the RPM range, not to every ones liking and completly up to the owner. This can aid the EGT issue, by reducing back pressure.

The intercooler is an interesting one, have you actually measured the charge temp on a 320 or 330 after a remap? because they are extremly high! The standard car runs a fair old chunk of boost,and when remapped the boost is slightly higher again.

the intercooler is very small in comparison, so fitting an uprated intercooler actually has a great effect, This may not be noticed so much around town on a point and squirt basis, but try doing a few top speed runs where the charge temps get really hot, with a std cooler they feel dead after a few seconds at full power, let alone a few minuites. the recovery rate is also greatlly improved. with a charge temp drop of over 25 degrees, they certainly cant be classed as pointless.

We have had both a 320D and a 330D for development,

The 320D is my own car, and running around 230BHP with close to 400lb/ft, returning over 60MPG at 80 mph (actually made 222ATW 250 ATF on a DD roller but it think this is optimistic.)

The 330D made 297BHP, and just over 490lb/ft, and would still easily retun 50 mpg at 80 mph.

Both cars did extensive reliable testing, my 320D has done over 20k miles at this power level with no issues whatsoever,

The power the car will make after the remap IS dependant on the std power level, but we are more than happy to try and push them all on if thats what is requested.

Im not here to trade or sell anything, so i hope the mods can understand, that as this thread was about our package i simply thought i should post to clear some confusion up.

We also have an E46 M3, and a E39 M5 here, the 330D was a match for the M5 up to 100mph when it was finished they certainly repond to tuning very well indeed.

Edited by james@msd

I spoke to this company last week and the guy stated that the results can be achieved from both 184 & 204 model, is it likley?

We will get great results from all 3 power variants, which im sure the owner would be over the moon with, i tend not to fall into this dyno number game though, drivability is more important.

our test 330D was a 204 BHP model, so i would expect slightly less from a 184.

Its also worth noting all figures are claimed as "upto", these maps are done on a custom basis one off to the vehicle, some may respond better than others, but safety will never be compriomsied.even if it means it makes slightly less power.

Edited by james@msd

James, do you offer a hybrid turbo option with the stage 3 package? This is something I'd be interested in, depending on price.

Always nice to see companies comment and interact with their customers on the net :thumbsup:

I want a 330D fu**ing insurance -_- there some excellent results for not much money at all considering me & my mate spent hours and hours on his focus and nearly 3k and only improved 90ish bhp and nearly blew the engine in the process

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Have you got a link to Bosch common rail injector flow rates as I can't seem to find one anywhere.

I'd be very surprised if the standard injectors are enough to flow 330bhp though. Thats over 60% more power than standard - I wouldnt have thought there would be the overhead for that? Perhaps I'm wrong. What part number is on your injectors?

What hybrid have you gone for? I've just got one with larger compressor & turbine wheel fitted. What pressure are you running?