Trevor

Eonon E46 Unit... Tips, Tricks And Questions

My loom also went dodgy.

I binned the canbus to resolve several issues.

Eonon provided a new loom gratis, been faultless ever since.

Binning the canbus stopped several issues in one hit.

do you loose anything else other than the steering wheel functions when you take that out?

Yashmans sounds like overheating problems, the fans on mine are noisey i reckon they take a lot of cooling down

Fan has been noisy from day 1 and i installed it during the arctic snap we had during january this year. The canbus once removed deactivates the rear view camera. I dare not send it back under the 1 year warranty as TNT are still hounding me for £123.00 import duty for the unit

Edited by Yashman

Have you reset the volume as per the instructions? It's about the only bit of decent info in the manual, it worked for me and a few others

is because i have a HK system

Volume reset doesnt work :(

Have you reset the volume as per the instructions? It's about the only bit of decent info in the manual, it worked for me and a few others

is because i have a HK system

Volume reset doesnt work :(

I have HK and don't have an issue with silly loud volume on 1 or 2. Fair enough its higher than standard but not bad

Looks like Eonon have bought out a new unit dubbed as the D5150E, amazingly enough the Canbus issue still is NOT fixed!

They actually retail between £700 - £999 on Ebay although not by Eonon its website states it has no UK Stock.

how do you do the volume reset?

I can't remember mate it's that long since I had mine.

I think you turn the unit on, turn it to above 15, then turn it off. Then when you turn it back on its either now set or you then turn it down manually and then it's set. It's in the manual somewhere

Look at the sellers negative feedback in the last month. Familiar remarks "Poor Quality, did not work on arrival etc"

I have struggled through for a few months now with this unit, its poor UI and random distortion and I would like to say to any newcomers, don't buy one, its a pile of s**t.

Random distortion will be down to the loom. Trevor (I think) and myself have had an issue with this. I personally sorted my old one out where as I think he replaced his.

I have struggled through for a few months now with this unit, its poor UI and random distortion and I would like to say to any newcomers, don't buy one, its a pile of s**t.

Random distortion will be down to the loom. Trevor (I think) and myself have had an issue with this. I personally sorted my old one out where as I think he replaced his.

Any idea what part of the loom I need to look at or is it because its to close to some other wires?