Trevor

Eonon E46 Unit... Tips, Tricks And Questions

Hey.

Bought a eonon headunit off EBAYarrow-10x10.png its used one.

Fitted it today, it powered on. But the issue is that i am not getting any sound. Tried resettin it.

Those anyone know the problem with it. Also know how to fix it. Sent a email to eonon. Gutted if it don't work.

Thanks sive

Also the alpine unit i had before works, and sound is perfect

Was thinking if its the wires , where can i buy new wiring looms from.

I understand from another post that my recently bought Saloon has an Eonon unit.

It all works well including the sat nav which im pretty impressed with.

I thought id be able to select BMW icon hence my other post but ive gone into display but only have options for colour/contrast etc.

Also the home screen is pretty horrible to be honest so wouldnt mind changing that too.

Can I upgrade it to later software and if so how easy would it be?

So am I missing something or is it not possible on my model?

As said ive only just got the car and this was already fitted so ive no idea how old or what model it is....hopefully one of you guys may know fro, these pics.....

post-26261-0-92757500-1405462791_thumb.j

post-26261-0-96107500-1405462815_thumb.j

post-26261-0-29796100-1405462830_thumb.j

post-26261-0-34784900-1405462848_thumb.j

post-26261-0-35374400-1405462870_thumb.j

post-26261-0-05688900-1405462896_thumb.j

post-26261-0-46139700-1405462917_thumb.j

post-26261-0-58174800-1405462944_thumb.j

They have rubbish screens that have glare issues and the build quality is terrible, never mind the support!

Those who are happy, great, but if you are thinking of buying one don't , remember, you own a quality, well build car, why would you want to stick a lump of s**t in it!

What like the cd player that came with it?

Never had any issues with mine and does what I wanted it to perfectly and a lot more then the standard unit does all for the same price as a cd player down halfords, yet I get to keep the looks

Edited by jammo

halfords

Says it all really!

Its just my opinion, please don't take offence but coming from not only a technical background but also the music industry i can say that the one I had was s**t! The UI is so poorly designed that it can only fit 9 characters of a song tittle and the screen is impossible to see in a vert.

I have a tape in mine and would rather keep that!

That's fair enough but how you can say it's not a good upgrade over the standard head unit I don't know?

My cd player didn't show song titles at all and didn't play mp3.

My ui works very well considering I don't even actually need to look at it. I turn the car on and it connects to my phone automatically and plays my music.

Sound is slightly improved.

If your a music freak then go ahead and spend £600 plus on a sound system.

£200 brand new for a upgrade over oem is good in my opinion.

Not trying to sell the product and it very much is each to their own but all I can say is most people could install and use this and be happy!

The eonon units are good. Had one a year ago. The sound is better than the current set up of the cd unit or tape. In my opinion. Mine was fine. Had it for a 6-8 months. Sold it too webby I think.

Yes you do get some crackling noise sometimes. But it depends if you can live with it. The screen glare could be fixed like getting a tint film over it to stop glare. Surprisingly this happens even to standard oem sat navs on cars. Have this isssue with my dads primera. Glare is common but u get used to it.

But if you still not happy. Spend a little bit more and get a andrive or dynavin. Not used one but the rating are good.

Still 200-300 for eonon unit wit sat nav and etc is a bargain. Thts if it dont go ape s**t and crash. Just your luck.

Edited by sive s

Craig I have no idea which model i have as it doesnt have a number printed on the back which is strange.Cannockwolf confirmed it was eonon though in a thread i posted couple of weeks ago in this section of the forum.gas pics in there if you wouldnt mind looking to see if you can tell?

Craig I have no idea which model i have as it doesnt have a number printed on the back which is strange.Cannockwolf confirmed it was eonon though in a thread i posted couple of weeks ago in this section of the forum.gas pics in there if you wouldnt mind looking to see if you can tell?

I don't think that's an Eonon unit, GUI is different and font on buttons which what I've seen on the Eonon units before. Probably another cheap hk special make Edited by RoryW

That being the case I'll order the wireless one.

Really don't want to run a cable through the car.

I may be a little late, but running a cable through the car is a lot easier than it looks. I have two RCA cables and a remote cable running from the HU, down the center console, under the seats and into and under the boot floor...it took no more than an hour!

Granted the wireless ones are much easier...I had one on a previous car (it connected with bluetooth) and the signal was very poor...it would constantly flicker and sometimes wouldnt come on at all!

Did you get it sorted in the end?