cjohnson

My New 330D Msport Touring :)

Very nice car pal, iv been looking at that myself on Autotrader! was looking at the silver 320d sport on there at moment but it sold this morning, was going to call the seller tomorrow morning about this one, but looks like you got there first, you jammy sod haha. looks like you got a cracker there dude.

Cheers everyone! Its a nice car indeed :), few minor niggles but well get there! Not enough daylight to do anything bar weekends atm! :(, sorry nelly! Lol, snooze ya lose haha :).

Been investigating the sat nav problem and half speakers not working when on cd.. seems there is a minor leak above rear corner somewhere, so the nav module is absolutely ruined, and the changer is damaged from it too.. tried to clean the pcb on the changer and resolder a few joints, but still the same unfortunately. Luckily the amp has got away with any damage.

So this weekend I need to strip the boot plastics out and drown it with the hose pipe lol, fix the leak hopefully then replace the damaged changer and nav module.

Anyone had a similar problem or any known places to look for the leak? Ive taken a pic of the inside of nav module but im on my phone at the minute. Ill upload when im on computer again.

Nelly, was it the 320d touring with 110k at 3990? If so youll be glad you didnt waste your time going to view it! Absolute nail. My dad went to view the car about a week ago. The front end is a totally different colour and orange peal like youve never seen! Also had 4 flat tyres when he got there and no wing mirror glasses. Suprised its sold tbh.

Cheers everyone! Its a nice car indeed :)/>, few minor niggles but well get there! Not enough daylight to do anything bar weekends atm! :(/>, sorry nelly! Lol, snooze ya lose haha :)/>.

Been investigating the sat nav problem and half speakers not working when on cd.. seems there is a minor leak above rear corner somewhere, so the nav module is absolutely ruined, and the changer is damaged from it too.. tried to clean the pcb on the changer and resolder a few joints, but still the same unfortunately. Luckily the amp has got away with any damage.

So this weekend I need to strip the boot plastics out and drown it with the hose pipe lol, fix the leak hopefully then replace the damaged changer and nav module.

Anyone had a similar problem or any known places to look for the leak? Ive taken a pic of the inside of nav module but im on my phone at the minute. Ill upload when im on computer again.

I've got a leak in the boot of my touring and after having a look we think its the rear light (the one that is actually on the boot). When you open the boot after its been raining loads of water runs along the boot and drips on te boot carpet and also the little dip where the boot lock sits is filled with water. Wanted to try and sort it yesterday but it was raining/snowing, typical

Edited by Paddybrown23

Mine is coming from the actual body of the car somehow Ithink and running down the back of the panels which cover up the disc changer etc.. are the rear side windows known to leak? I think its either that or one of the rubber bungs for wiring loom. Or the roof rail, or the rubber stopper that stops the boot lifter from banging lol. Could be anywhere. Investigation at the weekend!

Ive found a changer for £46 locally which im getting tomorrow night hopefully mate. And regarding the sat nav may just get another mk3 one, you can pick one uo for £150.. id like a dynavin but id kick myself then as one of the main selling points on the car for me was that it had the nav screen lol. Otherwise I could of bought any car and fit dynavin really. Plus id like it all to be original parts thats just how I am lol.

Yeah pal that's the one, in Nottingham? Strange thing is though the seller said it wasn't arriving until the Monday morning (even though the pics were on Autotrader!) I phoned him bout 11.00am and he said it came in that morning and sold within an hour!!!.... Bit dodge I thought!

I went to view one yesterday, a 330d this time but just didnt look right, plus it was an auto and I want a manual! The search continues.....

Paul...

Abit of an update and it's first wash in my ownership! :). Seems like it's never been cleaned or looked after by previous owners though :(

Done a few small bits to the car to start tidying it up a little.. And got my private reg on :)

So, there was a fog light surround missing when I got the car, got one ordered off ebay..

oqlnq9.jpg

2lcbtdd.jpg

I also got some osram diadem indicator bulbs rather than the chrome ones..

2qs2wxv.jpg

It came with Flat wiper blades but I wasn't very keen on the look on an E46.. So I ordered some Bosch ones with blade off ebay, in the recommended sizes, 20/23.. However the passesnger doesn't sit with the curve of the screen at the bottom.. :(, Anyone know why?

10qie06.jpg

To be honest it usually sits a LITTLE bit better than this but still not right!

Also fitted some white LED sidelight bulbs and number plate lights :), Hard to picture in the day light I'm affraid!

1zno7zr.jpg

2j3pleg.jpg

I saw these on ebay last night, and I know they can only be sourced new from America so thought I'd buy them and can always sell them on if I dont like the look of them on my car!

20t5hds.jpg

As above, been off work today so gave it a wash and took some decent pics! In fairness it's a very tidy car considering it's 13 years old!

34zg9pw.jpg

2rep9g1.jpg

2ec3v6h.jpg

20pbx40.jpg

1qqsjl.jpg

I have also ordered some JOM coilovers :), should be here in a week or so..

And I have these wheels in mind for it, but need some more money together first! Dare RS. I want 18x8j front and 18x9.5j rear with some nice stretch on there but not dangerous! :)

23w36le.jpg

I have sourced a new CD autochanger, and also a sat nav module which should have arrived today all being well, although none of this will be fitted until I find the leak which damaged the originals in the first place!!

Now just the interior and enhine bay to clean!

Also going to change oil and filter soon, along with engine breather to be safe.

Comments welcome! Cheers for looking! :)

Hi Adam. Cheers mate! Yep! Can't decide whether it will suit them or not but I'll be able to sell them easy enough if not :)/>

Cheers will!

The sat nav unit has arrived and works fine :), I am amazed at how different the screen is with a working nav module! Is it right that I can't put a postcode into the sat nav though?

Carl.

Edited by cjohnson

The sat nav unit has arrived and works fine :), I am amazed at how different the screen is with a working nav module! Is it right that I can't put a postcode into the sat nav though?

You can in the mk4 (DVD) systems running the later firmware

Ahh ok it's a mk3 mate, no problem I'll just have to get full addresses the few times that I'll use it lol. Is there any updates etc I can do to the mk3 to improve anything or just get the latest map disc?

Can you even get new map discs in CD form? Lol. A quick scan of eBay says no!

Edited by cjohnson

Hi mate, I am never usually a fan of tints either but these are factory tinted and they have grown on me a lot. I don't know what % they are mate but I'm sure if you ask at your local dealer they'll tell you.. or somebody on here is bound to know! Carl.

So, I picked up my JOM coilovers from Venom motorsport last Saturday, along with some Hyundai Coupe rear drop links. Me and my old man got on with fitting them Sunday. Please excuse the filthy car! Had to take pics straight away lol.

2rpcps7.jpg

iwkih3.jpg

What an absolute joke it is to change a rear shocker on a touring! Had to remove all the plastics in the boot to get to the strut tops but I'm sure most of you already know this so I'll shut up :)

No real pics of fitting as we were too busy, but here's the finished product!

2e3911w.jpg

2ze9w1f.jpg

veyjns.jpg

nyxwll.jpg

This is with no adjusters on the rear and the fronts wound all the way down. I thought I was getting away with running it that low until my passenger wheel caught the inside of the wing turning into a junction :(, so I have wound the fronts up a little bit. I am also going to fit the adjusters on the rear as it looks abit higher on the front than rear at the minute.

Picked up some bits of carbon trim that had been robbed from it in the past but no pics of them fitted yet, also got a set of cup holders!! Feels weirdly amazing to have a cup holder in an E46! lol.

And I think I found the bargain of the century when I stumbled upon a full M sport bumper in silver for £70! :), althoigh it does need painting, but I'm sure you'll all agree it was very cheap! Not alot wrong with mine but i couldn't say no at that price! By the time my mate has painted it I'll have a mint front bumper for £100 :)

Cheers for looking! Comments welcome, good or bad!

Edited by cjohnson