Sign in to follow this  
LukeD

Ford Ka Judder

14 posts in this topic

LukeD   

Hi all, I bought my girlfriend a 53 plate ford ka last well with 58k miles, now the last couple of days I have noticed once the engine gets warm it tends to judder when accelerating in 2nd or 3rd gear, at first it only happened now and again but last couple of days it's getting increasing worse! Any ideas as of what it could be guys?

LukeD   

I was doing a bit of research and someone said maybe the coil pack, is there any way of finding out if it is the coil pack before I spend money on parts that ain't needed?

Jim27   

Those Endura engines are an old design and one MAJOR flaw is that the sparkplugs weld themselves into the head. For that reason many, many KAs have never had their plugs changed because if the plugs are stuck you end up snapping it off in the head which (at garage rates) will cost more than the car's probably worth to fix.

My money's on one of the plugs being knackered, as they might have never been changed. A 10-year, 60,000 mile plug is never going to work well...

Lee131   

Those Endura engines are an old design and one MAJOR flaw is that the sparkplugs weld themselves into the head. For that reason many, many KAs have never had their plugs changed because if the plugs are stuck you end up snapping it off in the head which (at garage rates) will cost more than the car's probably worth to fix.

My money's on one of the plugs being knackered, as they might have never been changed. A 10-year, 60,000 mile plug is never going to work well...

never knew this ive done a few sets and it makes sense they were shot and i was just unaware it couldve been a problem,

yeah change plugs £10

Rob-   

How could it be the clutch?

Clutch judder often occurs when the engine has warmed up rather than when cold, hence the suggestion.

Trevor   

Always soak them with penetrating fluid for a few hours before attempting to undo them.

I worked in a Ford dealers for 6 years, must have seen 20 snapped plugs in Endura engines in that time.

Quite common.

Sinut1   

An important question - did you buy a used car? It's very quick, there were problems with the engine. I also came across this, you need to check your vehicle passport in advance and arrange a VIN check with https://www.faxvin.com/vin-check/ford, as I used for my Ford. If the car is new from the salon, then as soon as possible you need to show claims for insurance and moral damage, let them cover costs or replace the model. A lawyer can beautifully solve this.