Mengwalton

Tracks In Northen England

Hi all,

Looking for my first track day, nothing serious just some track time.

Problem is I cant find anywhere in northern/mid england that has a track.

Anything within about 2hrs of LEEDS is fine

Any ideas ?

Croft and Oulton Park are proper circuits! Never been a fan of Cadwell.. Never driven any of them but from what i've seen Cadwell is v.quick at the beginning then a little silly at the end. Remember watching Superbikes around there thinking it's technical yes but not a fan.

Thanks for all the reply's and the map :) im thinking of building a track day car so it's nice to know there's some near croft looks like a winner, ill take the 46 down there just for abit of practice & fun,

As for trackday cars I'm not sure, my obv choice would be a old skyline but ide rather keep it cheaper to start with (i know its not cheap im under no illusions) & i don't wanna kill myself in a skyline,

its just ill have 6months off a year now im fully qualified & its something ive always wanted to do.

Anyway back to the cars i absolutely love the way my 46 handles its one of the best ive ever driven.

Any ideas?

Thanks again lads

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

How come? It's kinda where they made their names and built their reputations! Lol

Costs for one thing, they drink fuel and eat tyres & brakes, there is also a lot of expensive stuff to go wrong, I know people that have them.

I did a couple of trackdays in my 200SX, they are a better choice if he wants something Jap & turbo, but a normally aspirated hot hatch is a better choice IMO, Clio 172, Saxo VTS, etc... cheap to buy, quick, fun, handle like a go-kart, etc...

Oh yeah! I forgot cost! :P

I thought you meant they handled/performed poorly or something.. lol

Wasn't it Aaron who got a 306Gti and tuned the engine, roll cage, semi slicks etc.. I bet that wouldn't be too expensive and those things handle great!

Depending on budget i'd try to get a hold of an E36 328i and fit an LSD. Tunable and relatively cheap these days.

A guy I know bought one about a year ago - 1999 Sport Coupe for £1500. I think it had around 100k on the clock. That'd be a perfect base I think.