Sign in to follow this  
Deestylez.

Changing Facelift Coupe Side Repeaters ?

I recently bought some new clear side repeaters and silver bulbs,

Just wondering how to get them off as i cant find a good youtube video and dont wanna do it the wrong way and brake something ? haha

You have to push the repeater forwards (or backwards - can't remember!) then pull one side out, then the whole unit will pull out.

Why have you got silver bulbs, the standard ones are led?

Will give it a go thanks bungers,

Oh well i wanted to renew them as they looked aged and bought the silver / chrome bulbs as they took away the amber look,

Will see the difference then decide before putting them back in ^_^

Just placed the new ones in now, new ones didnt fit right at first so pressed the metal clips down (to match the position of the clips on the old ones) so that would place in and hold still perfect,

Their working perfect with no movement in them :D

Funny enough i did wonder where the silver bulbs i bought fitted in, seems i have bulbs for a pre facelift repeaters :huh: ,

I Didnt realise when i bought them, the LED bulbs were already fitted inside the console ...silly me! :P

Before and after pics defo required :-)

Thinking on replacing mine, but dunno if the oem repeaters are much whiter than mine

Mine also looked rather cloudy and aged, but I t-cut them and was very impressed with the finish. Worth a go before buying new ones!

Mine were cloudy after 8 years of use, I originally wrapped them in smoked lamin-x but I've just replaced them with new 'black' ones. I had to bend the clips to match the originals too as the were a touch loose when first fitted. Perfect now though.