mit

What's The Fastest You've Ever Driven?

On the subject of speedometers (or not) and having always wanted to do 200mph, what is the fastest you guys have ever driven (or ridden)?

For the purposes of the thread we will assume everyone achieved this speed on an unrestricted section of German motorway.

160 for me.

143mph in my old 330 on the AB, but it had more to give had the traffic not slowed me down!

I also have an uncle that was, up until a few years back, the festest ever recorded speed on UK roads.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/biker-banned-for-160mph-madness-1573100.html

Over in germay on a motor bike chasing a BMW, 160mph on my old 750 fazer (Baby V Max) And 2 days before this i was stopped by the belgum police (travaling through to RAF Nordhorn) for doing 120 when they caught up with me and then shooting of to 150ish when they caught back up and then a little blue light came on, I did explain that i thought it was some one playing with my back tyre which they exepted but fined me for the 120mph speed

Over hear on the my private road in my e60 530d 140mph being chased by a RS Focus, went up to 140 and then though SLOW DOWN.....

Probably not that fast. About 140 indicated which I'd guess is closer to 130 than 140.

You might want to get that speedometer fixed :lol:

170 jay? Was it being towed by a Ferrari lol.

Fastest I've been is 135. Mph in a cooper s. But that's what the speedo is saying so I reckon a bit slower if it was measured accurately.

I drove 5 super cars around a short track up north for an Xmas present a couple years ago. Unfortunately I couldn't open up the taps :(

Genuinely this was on the autobahn. 6 of us on bikes last year, 2 of us had R1s and my mate had a tomtom bikenav on it so gps. My speedo said 181 which I thought was prob between 5-10% out. However when we stopped I asked phil what his tomtom said and it said 180mph and we were keeping side by side, and bikes were STILL accelerating when I s**t myself and backed off. But to be honest yes was a buzz but was fooking stupid.

I did don't worry, just thought I'd source my opinion :thumbsup:

:P

On a related note, my E46 was remarkably accurate, even at very high speeds the GPS speed was only about 1mph less than the indicated speed.

My E93 consistently reads 2mph above actual speed according to GPS, even at 20mph!

A smidge over an indicated 170 in my M3

An indicated 217 on my Hayabusa.

An indicated 186 on my GSX-R, but they all stop at 186 anyway. It'll carry on accelerating as it has 1700rpm left until the limiter in top at that indicated speed.

I hit 145mph in my 330cd whilst on a German trip from this forum, mind you last yr on the clock of my Gsxr 1000 it read 284kmh bit scary as the steering had a slight wobble, a few of the crowd didn't stop for fuel & I had to catch em up just outside Amsterdam lol

Managed 153ish in an old 1980 lotus esprt turbo at the age of 18!

Managed 175 in a porsche 911 carrera 2 (993) and 150ish Mercedes C36 AMG

Oh and i've got 151 out of my e46....

All on closed private roads of course. :ph34r:

Edited by maxis740

170 in a 330cd but was a passenger

Chris' will do 163mph GPS indicated I think it was......so theoretically mine should do thereabouts too.

Fastest I've done is 170mph four up in an RS4 on our way to the Nurburging on the German autobahn! Got it on a video somewhere I think.