Nimraynn

Nimraynn's 323Ci Progress Thread

just read this for the start mate, looks well and hopefully after the paint will be brand new

Liking the csl reps makes me think maybe i should change from my 32's

where did you get the rear diffuser from ??

Cheers :)

Diffuser (and all the carbon parts for that matter) are from SSDD Motorsport :thumbsup:

Just briefly spoken to my mate in the bodyshop... apparently it's not seen paint yet, which is a bit irritating as they've had it three weeks now... but he reckons he might be able to get it done by Friday. I'm hoping he does and I'm going to keep on top of him as if it is going to be ready on Friday, I need to arrange to swap shifts at work and take a half day to be able to get there to pick it up. Not something I can just drop on the day to pick it up... The mother wants her Mini back and that's got to go in for some paintwork as well once mines done, so II need to start pushing them a bit harder.

Well I've still not had the car back. Spoke to him on Thursday and it still hadn't seen paint. Sort of understandably, he said the heat we had (upto 36 down our way...) was causing havoc as they'd had a few people call in sick, plus the paint wasn't going down properly on other panels they'd been trying to paint... He said he'd let me know when it went in for paint but if all went well, it'd be early this week.

Today, not heard anything so I messaged him again and apparently it's now seen paint on the main body from what I understand. He's said it just needs flatting back and polishing, then the removed parts like bumpers and skirts need painting and the whole car putting back together. He won't let me have pics though as he said "Looks pretty but you're going to have to wait to see it"

Hopefully it'll be done and picked up by Friday. It pretty much has to be as I'm going up to Scotland for Scottish Car Show next Friday and got a few bits to sort before then.

In the mean time, I've picked up a set of M-Sport door sill trims:

msills1.jpg

I've asked him to take the standard BMW ones off and leave them off, so I'll fit these when I pick it up along with the carbon kidney grilles.

Also sent my MFSW to Royal Steering Wheels a week ago and got it back today. Had it padded out, nappa/perforated leather and M tri-colour stitching. Really impressed with the work, live up to their reputation!

mfsw3.jpg

mfsw4.jpg

Getting excited now. Final touches being finished off as I type. Picking up in a few hours :thumbup:

I've not seen any pics of it bar one of the fuel filler cap since it was sanded down for prep... but I've been told it "looks the absolute f*****g b******s" to quote him exactly.

Edited by Nimraynn

Where did you buy the carbon fibre bits for the front ? not the grill...

Where did you buy the carbon fibre bits for the front ? not the grill...

All the carbon is from SSDD Motorsport :thumbsup:

Pics needed now!!

This is about the 20th demand for pics I've had now :lol: Pics will come in good time. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. Depends how I feel.

The splitters haven't gone on yet as they'd run out of glue, but they've been lined up and the supporting screws have had their holes drilled, he just ran out of glue and didn't realise til last minute. The drivers wing also needs machine polishing but he had to paint it again last night so it was still too soft to attack with a machine polisher. Going to tackle those together one day in the week.

It also needs a proper clean up before I take any pics. The workshop was quite dusty and it was about 11pm last night they finally had it ready to go. We gave it a wash down with a pressure washer and some detailing spray which has brought it up nicely, but trapped water has streaked and theres the odd polish marks around still... so either this afternoon or tomorrow, I'm gonna clean it up and take some proper photos :thumbup:

Here is a sneaky little teaser from when it was being wiped down though ;) This is more to wind up the people on AON as they're a demanding bunch :lol:

sneaky.jpg

Oh cmon, pics please! :)

omg it look amazing, love it!!

So are you happy about the job they've done? All good?

Edited by mRd

Looks great!! :)

I would say though, and this is coming from a grey seat car owner too .... that interior needs to change :(

Love the rest of it, nice drop, great wheels, great carbon, nice paintwork :)

There are one or two things I need to get them to look at, but overall, very happy :)

And I like the grey interior Suf. I know a lot of people don't like it, but coming from cars where the interior has been all dark, the grey has been a nice welcome change. It makes the cabin feel so much bigger, lighter and airy compared to a darker interior. Plus I've got M3 seats and they're expensive so not spending out on those again :P

Looks excellent! Really spot on now. Love the boot lid [emoji108]

Looks excellent! Really spot on now. Love the boot lid [emoji108]

Cheers guys :)

Is it bad I only remembered about half an hour ago that I asked them to fill the PDC holes on the rear bumper? They've done such a good job of it I didn't even notice :lol:

Looks epic, I bet you're pleased. Boot lid works well in carbon too, I think.

Looks awesome! :punk:

What about about the rear bmw badge? Is there any holes for it or it just doesn't go there?