nhmusicman

Where Can I Get Igo For Andrive

Hi, as I've been having no luck getting the unit to go online, its meant I've not been able to use the sat nav which I something I am obv keen on having.

Is it possible to download the Igo software and maps onto an sd card and load from there, without using market/google play?

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by nhmusicman

Yeah, if you get a copy of any sat nav that you don't have to be online to use, you'll still be able to use the gps.

You have to put it on to a micro sd card (class 10 recommended) and put it in the right hand slot.

You can also put music and movies on the same card and play from there too

Cheers

Davie

Thanks Davie. thats good news, except the only place I seem to be able to find that will allow you to download Igo is through the android and apple app stores direct to a device, whereas I need to be able to download it to Mac and then put it on sd.

Nick

You can, but as I can't get into google play to register the device (I don't have another android device) , I can't download anything from google play on the pc either.

Edited by nhmusicman

Ok, so I now have igo myway on an sd card (both the apk file and the folder of content)

However, going into the android explorer he sd card folder only shows android and go launcher folders and doesn't show my downloaded files (content or apk). How do I get them loaded?

A very confused Nick

Same here! Whilst it appears ok and I can get it onto the andrive "desktop", I just cannot get it to work at all. I am meant to be going to the andrive offices at some point to help me sort it out, but have yet to arrange the visit.

Should point out that the best way to get this to work is to simply purchase one of the sat nav programs from the play store! We cant offer support on dodgy downloads!

It looks like (according to his first post) that he is trying to download it legitimately from the play store. The issue is that he can't get the device to go online so can't download it directly on to it.

Should point out that the best way to get this to work is to simply purchase one of the sat nav programs from the play store! We cant offer support on dodgy downloads!

It looks like (according to his first post) that he is trying to download it legitimately from the play store. The issue is that he can't get the device to go online so can't download it directly on to it.

No, he's got internet Gaz, but his play store account has an issue with his card. Been chatting on the phone with Gary over the last couple of days.

Once his card account issue is sorted with google, he's good to go.

If by first post you mean OP, me, then you're right. I still can't get Internet so can't get to google play/ market on the Andrive. Edited by nhmusicman

yeah these androids are pretty hi tech setting up,after all they are a computer.

remember when I first got my dynavin android it took me a few weeks to sort it coz no support worldwide,me being 1 of the first to own a d99+ android in the uk .

as the andrives a completely different system the settings from my dynavin can/will only be different.

1 important factor regardless of make/model is prepare network before starting up the hu.

its like a pc booting up,it detects devices upon boot up then tries to find availiable networks once its up n running.

then theres the user/pass setup that needs to be configured

it is a bit off a game setting this all up,but great once you know how,no more outdated software running on your hu.

hth colin

If by first post you mean OP, me, then you're right. I still can't get Internet so can't get to google play/ market on the Andrive.

When do you want to come down to Andrive HQ? We can get the internet up and running for you. Not sure what is making it so difficult, but we will get to the bottom of it. Sometime this coming week?