Jamie330d

330D 6 Speed Conversion Completed :)

I though they would be different too, according to dingbro (trade only parts) there's no difference in the parts and they only stock one for both models, also LUK say its the same part also, for both models as i had this checked, possibly an upgrade on the standard part after manufacture?

Edited by Jamie330d

it’s been a while since i did mine, but i seem to remember the input shaft on the 6 speed box is slightly shorter then on the 5-speed box, so you need the 6-speed flywheel with the bearing built in to allow the input shaft to still be supported, on the 5-speed the bearing is in the end of the crankshaft and the flywheel has the large hole in it as per your pics above.

im not sure if there is any other difference’s other then that and the input shaft being about 22spline rather then 10spline!

this was on my petrol 330, but i know the derv 6-speed box is the same as petrol fitting etc just ratios are different