Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Had engine fault codes read after development of a slight misfire and the engine light coming on

Looks like I need a new coil pack on cylinder 2 and at least one post cat O2 sensor.

Had engine fault codes read after development of a slight misfire and the engine light coming on

Looks like I need a new coil pack on cylinder 2 and at least one post cat O2 sensor.

I would just change the coil pack first as the misfire may be giving you the duff O2 sensor code.

I would just change the coil pack first as the misfire may be giving you the duff O2 sensor code.

Thanks Mate, that's what i'm hoping! I've a good used one to collect and fit next week, then rescan. The O2 sensor fault has popped up before (without the misfire) but this time it's reporting "no signal".

Killed a tyre....

IMG_7074Medium_zps7d1fd9be.jpg

On the plus side the launch that caused that from the lights was particularly epic leaving 3 lads in an S3 for dead. The next set of traffic lights I got the 'what the f**k is in that mate'.......my reply...'a diesel'.....all three of them virtually in unison said 'f*ck off'!!

Then came the comments...'my GTI would kill that lad'.....'is it mapped lad'......'what powers it running lad'....

Anyway 18s back on the time being until I get 2 new rear 19s next weekend.

plastidipped my kidney grills matt black, discovered a leak at the front of the bumper (passenger side) presumably washer fluid, fix that later, and boguht some hammerite smooth gold for my callipers =D

Brought gliptone cleaner and conditioner and some leather dye

Seats look like brand new and the scuff on the bolster has gone , I would highly recomend the products

And the good deal from John at Bespoke Leathering

Brought gliptone cleaner and conditioner and some leather dye

Seats look like brand new and the scuff on the bolster has gone , I would highly recomend the products

And the good deal from John at Bespoke Leathering

Get some pics up may do mine

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Drove it for the 1st time in 3 weeks.

Instant smile with the roof down. Need to do a mod but don't know what.

Post cat delete maybe

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Do it :P

Ricky as soon as I find someone to do I will. Thinking that if I'm removing the post cats can I remove the twin pipes when I had my resonator delete done and put new pipes from just before post cats to where middle box was removed

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fingers crossed misfire's been fixed. Not a coil pack, but a split in the lower intake bellow. Still needed a new O2 sensor though :-(

I now realise I may have been running with the misfire for longer than I thought, as its been ages since the engine felt as "pirky"! Doh!