Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Well, what i havnt done to my car is drive it in a week. One problem being what my uncle thought was Vanos related but then finding out that one of the intermediate levers had broken. YAY!. So far the spark plugs and coils have been replaced, and an oil leak onto the rocker cover also solved £300 later. Now being told that the intermediate levers and possibly more items may need replacing leading to a bigger bill, meanwhile i am a 19yr old still in fulltime education and paying the bills through a weekend job, its been a tough week and still got a long way to go.

Any tips and tricks to help fix my problems would be greatly appreciated..

Replaced the original, 129k mile, 12 y-o thermostat. :)

Gave it a wash and dust-out, then fuelled-up, ready for our trip to The Lakes on Monday.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

At 196,500ish my rear wheel bearing(fixed yesterday) gave up the ghost. Cant complain at that mileage.

Today wash n hoover& because i couldnt be arsed sooner i had better take the "winter" tyers off it lol.

Finally fitted my Meyle front arms. That drivers side inner nut is a b******d to do and is even worse when sat in the blazing sun :(. Took 3 hours to get the drivers side one done along with poly bushing the roll bar on that side. Passenger side took 30 minutes to do arm and roll bar

Never again

Got inspection 1 done on the car today( didn't take it to bmw. Took it to my mate. He checked everything on the car. Refreshed the diff oil.

Will be sorting the backbox out. So that it sits a bit more flush with the diffusser.

Came back to it after two weeks. Front near side tyre flat so at tyre place now. Noticed a bit of smoke from the offside of the engine bay. Hopefully just from where it's been sat for two weeks. Oil is fine and coolant too. No power loss or temp issues. Due a service end of the week so hopefully no problem.

Leaky tyre due to alloy corrosion (left too long between top ups till refurb.) bought an electric inflator to tide me over.

Edited by BmEagle

Just plain old enamel spray paint from Halfords. Not sure how it's to going last but we will find out.

Also just won a pair of fog lights off eBay for £35. Bargain I reckon

Edited by Ashley1995

Checked the engine temperature via the "hidden menu". It's only getting to 81deg (ambient was 9deg), and taking 5+ miles to get there. :( Checked through some old threads on here and someone posted that he'd re-checked his temp. after fitting a new genuine thremostat and it was 93deg.

Replaced the original, 129k mile, 12 y-o thermostat. :)

I'm not sure if I should be concerned, or not........ It still takes (probably) 5 miles to get up to 88-90deg and it sits there quite happily until you show the car a hill and depending on the severity of the incline, the temp. will go up to 93, 94, or 95deg. :o OK, it does drop back but I'm wondering if I now have other problems. The needle doesn't go beyond vertical, though.

I'm fairly sure I've got all the air out. :wacko:

I'm surprised you're still there Allan, everyone seems to be jumping ship

Yeah still here mate I have worked for this company 14 years mate better the devil you no sometimes mate

Just another day for me at the office 3286A4EE-9EB7-47C8-B126-98BDD8A7A3B8.png

Nothing worse Allan than being at sea and being able to see the shore. Where abouts is the rig?
Rig is Aberdeen mate we are the closest rig to land 11 miles from Buckie but my time is done home tomorrow