Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

- Warranty replacement on warped Pagid discs

- New number plates (with GB badge, so I don't have to remember to put a sticker on every time)

- BMW Autohaus Munchen (non M sport) plate surrounds

- LED rear number plate lights

finally got round to ordering the coliovers top mounts and drop links today.......now just have to work out how i get my car to jays and have it all fitted without the mrs ever finding out as im under orders that not another penny is to be spent on my heap of junk as she calls it

2 x Michelin 255/35/18 run-Flats...... :cry:

What's the damage mal?

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

£389.40 fully fitted.....with 2% (pre-vat) cashback via Quidco.

Last Thursday was MOT day, failed on a damaged rear spring.

I was very tempted to replace them with a Sportline kit but decided against it due to insurance.

So two new rear sport springs were fitted and a new certificate was handed over to me.

Advisories;

Small slice in the sidewall of a front tyre, this isn't causing any detrimental or dangerous effects so I won't be changing the tyre.

Damaged arch lining on the same side as the above, now this will be changed soon as it sometimes rubs on full lock.

I knew about both of the advisories before hand however I still don't know how they happened.

2 x Michelin 255/35/18 run-Flats...... :cry:

What's the damage mal?

£389.40 fully fitted.....with 2% (pre-vat) cashback via Quidco.

[emoji22]

Just phoned Elms Stansted to get my car booked in for a warranty inspection tomorrow.

They have one phone number listed on their site, I phoned it and told the lady that I wanted to speak to the bodyshop department regarding the anti-corrosion warranty, gave her the details she asked for and she said she'd put me through to the correct department, "hello this is the service department..." is the next thing I heard (after the annoying 'hold' music). I told this lady the same thing and again had to give her the same details, she tells me that she would now put me through to the correct department, again, stupid music, now I finally get to speak to the right person! Once again I give her the same details and some more, she tells me to come in tomorrow afternoon to have the paint depth read, brilliant.

Hopefully my car will be rust free soon, albeit there's only two very small patches.

mines already very low as its on eibach pro sport springs but i need to get it a tad higher and hoping with the coilovers it will and i can then put spacers on and fill the arches a little more. then its a case of selling the mv1's and style 32's and hoping that will get me close to some cades or similar look

Got a call from BMW today - the courtesy car I get while mine get its airbag done has to come from Enterprise due to the BMW one coming back in "a state". Enterprise call me and tell me that BMW have authorised a corsa sized car! Wonder how fast it goes in first MUHAHAHA!

Got a call from BMW today - the courtesy car I get while mine get its airbag done has to come from Enterprise due to the BMW one coming back in "a state". Enterprise call me and tell me that BMW have authorised a corsa sized car! Wonder how fast it goes in first MUHAHAHA!

It's time to explore that part of the rev range you thought wasn't achievable... Past redline! lol

Airbag recall done today but still have light on, bmw said it,s not the bag replaced and will need further investigation. Dont think at there rates i will give it to them.

hope you dont mind me asking but how much did you get for the 32's....i have a set anthracite in colour and was going to get them refurbed with a view to sell but its going to cost me 160 to refurb them and then not sure how much ill get for them with tyres on

I got £605 for them. But they were freshly refurbed by Lepsons, and new Michelin rear tyres and part worn fronts.

Had the airbag done today, had a corsa to hoon around in for the day even though all I did was drive it the 3miles to work and the return journey. Car was washed and hoovered to a good standard. The health check came back with a broken driver side rear spring, leaking seals from the diff to the drive shafts and a mysterious coating of oil on the underside of the engine. So.....car is a standard 330ci sport, do I replace the springs like for like or go eibach with a small drop if possible? Regarding the seals, are they easy to DIY? Oil leak, the rocker cover and oil filter housing gaskets have been changed, what could this be? My thinking is the sump but without cleaning the underside I won't know. Suggestions on a postcard please.

Thanks,

Dee

BTW, the dealer I used was Cooper Thames Ditton for reference. The guy I dealt with had a nice old chat about cars too.