Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Changed water pump in the rain... should have been easy but one of the bolts wouldn't tighten up during refit... The first 5mm of the bolt just wouldn't take :censored:

Need a quick solution?... hopefully find a replacement bolt lying around.

Had a go at fixing my boost leak before heading to the mountains. It's not fantastic, as it still smokes (although now it dumps a single massive cloud, rather than a huge long trail of smoke), but it is faster than before.

I was expecting a small slit, not this gaping hole!

WP_20150726_20_13_02_Pro%20Medium.jpeg

Nothing but the finest Russian duct tape for fixing it though.

WP_20150726_20_21_12_Pro%20Medium.jpeg

And all done.

WP_20150726_20_47_43_Pro%20Medium.jpeg

andy are those bbs lm reps on yours if so do you have any shots of them closer and what size tyres you go on as i have just purchased some

yes mate :)

3f5d1743673dd64ff6b09abf6adf3828.jpg

628904773213ac7e45ad2d0254fa73ed.jpg

They're 215/40/18 all round, front rims are 8.5j and rears 9.5j

thank you so much for that andy i was beginning to fret about smaller size on the rears being too much of a stretch but yours dont look too stretched at all i dont think im gonna need my 15mm spacers on the rear though

No worries man, nah there's a very slight stretch but hardly noticeable tbh, mine is standard height at the moment but do want to lower it

Passed it's MOT with no advisories (apart from the usual under trays obscuring etc).

Re-aligned my headlights as they'd dropped down a bit and were pointing too low after fitting the angel eyes before.. which has also fixed my levelling issue :)

Still have a suspension (?) rattle/metal tapping sound from the rear.. quite loud on uneven roads and so frustrating. Only possible cause given so far is the coils on the rear springs touching each other. Doesn't sound like that to me, but I'm no expert :unsure: Bugging the life outta me! :censored:

Edited by rickyh147

Had a go at fixing my boost leak before heading to the mountains. It's not fantastic, as it still smokes (although now it dumps a single massive cloud, rather than a huge long trail of smoke), but it is faster than before.

I was expecting a small slit, not this gaping hole!

WP_20150726_20_13_02_Pro%20Medium.jpeg

Nothing but the finest Russian duct tape for fixing it though.

WP_20150726_20_21_12_Pro%20Medium.jpeg

And all done.

WP_20150726_20_47_43_Pro%20Medium.jpeg

Lol, good work. Not able to pick up a new piece of hose anyway in Scandanavia?

I'm hoping I can get one here, but of they need to order it in, I doubt I'll be in one area for long enough for it to get to the dealership... I'll try though

Triggerfish have you driven all the way down to Russia/Norway?! Fair play mate! I thought Germany was a long drive, I feel like such a casual roadtripper.

Yep :D

A website with a map my mate knocked up here: http://averycrabbyroadtrip.azurewebsites.net/

I've earned the nickname crabby Joe, hence the URL.

Didn't get a visa in time due to crap planning with other holidays and passport availability.

As far north as the coast road at least, I doubt much further than that.

Sat in BMW Stevenage letting them do a "Vehicle Check" service.

Cheeky buggers tried to charge me £96 as well! Told them it said £55 online. Now paying £55 :) plus £16 for them to "read the codes"

Not mine, the mrs's - I bought some vinyl for £0.99 to see what pink propellors would look like on her 1er coupe

3FF16E0A-9663-4E4E-AB17-2F599625C24A_zps

You'd have been better putting it on the white as now you've got a white propeller against a pink sky!

Not mine, the mrs's - I bought some vinyl for £0.99 to see what pink propellors would look like on her 1er coupe

3FF16E0A-9663-4E4E-AB17-2F599625C24A_zps

You'd have been better putting it on the white as now you've got a white propeller against a pink sky!

Ah, didn't know that! Just copied simmlar ones I'd seen on ebay