Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Made a list of what it needs for me to bring it up to spec mechanically, starting at the front with a cooling system refresh and oil/filter change with new belts.

Also noticed a wonky front indicator so removed that, took the rusty bolt out and wire brushed it, greased it and re-installed then did the other side just because.

Sorry to dissapoint Malcolm, i've gone for the boring standard silver!

You getting old my son. Sign of settling down. She'll have you shopping for ornaments and curtains next. [emoji69]

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Painted my carbon cube trim with satin black (chickened out on any other colour).

Can't believe how easy it was and what a difference it makes. Can't stop looking at them :D

Did you do tge normal way of primer -paint - then lacquer. Need to do mine. Tempted with piano black.

Can't decide what other colour would go with cinnamon and lsb.

You getting old my son. Sign of settling down. She'll have you shopping for ornaments and curtains next. [emoji69]

haha i've always played it safe in terms of wheel colour choice to be fair, aside the bright iluminous pink ones on my old e36 touring :lol:

haha i've always played it safe in terms of wheel colour choice to be fair, aside the bright iluminous pink ones on my old e36 touring [emoji38]
You need to you'll be selling them in a couple of weeks.

Painted my carbon cube trim with satin black (chickened out on any other colour).

Can't believe how easy it was and what a difference it makes. Can't stop looking at them :D

Did you do tge normal way of primer -paint - then lacquer. Need to do mine. Tempted with piano black.

Can't decide what other colour would go with cinnamon and lsb.

Not, just cleaned and sprayed directly over the top. Lacquer would have have given it a gloss look which I wasn't after.

I do really like the look of piano black.

Decided to install a USB cable coming out the sliding tray so I can charge my phone and play music without having cables coming out the front of my headunit.

During I found a couple quid in change, I was quite surprised when I saw a £1 coin sat next to a 50p coin, usually its just pennies.

I also replaced a couple of the broken orange clips behind the trim pieces, hoovered all those usually unreachable places, and made a mess...

001_zps1k3w21dv.jpg

Left the car with my cousin who changed the rear shocks and top mounts. The way it drives is night and day difference!

In return got his Atlantis Blue tourer for the day to use which is always a pleasure to drive.

Made a start on the dials tonight too, fitted brushed aluminium rings and done sharpie mod. Will put back together in the morning.

Got my car back yesteraday. All bits done expect the splitters. Going in tomorrow to fit it.

Also fitted the atlantica gear and handbrake gaitors. Ended up punching myself when taking the gear knob off. Doh.

Installed an Erisin unit and I'm absolutely loving it! Rainbow speakers & deadening going into the front doors this weekend. Rears will probably follow..

I'm also trying to figure out how to get a wireless phone charger into the centre console for a true cable-free interior :)