Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

So, Wednesday on my way home a lorry driver decided to remodel my car a bit, pulled over into me on a roundabout and smashed my nearside door mirror. Was near a dealer so popped in to get a price, over £120 for the glass and cover (unpainted) alone :o. Drove to Eurocar parts and they wanted just under half that but they were pattern parts and they only had the glass in stock there. Phoned Quarry Motors in the carpark on the off chance and they had one in my colour. £40 delivered for the whole mirror unit with glass and cover. This was at 4pm and the unit arrived at 11.30am the next day in excellent condition.

Cannot sing Quarry Motors praise enough :thumbup:

Mirror fitted and car cleaned before picking my kids up from the airport today.

5beab3bc-d8df-4469-8b13-bf8d5404cbe0_zps

Bamse, that is one hell of a clean & shiny car you have there! Even your headlight lenses look new.

Shame about the wing-mirror though, something similar happened to me a couple of days ago actually, lorry driver in the wrong lane of a roundabout, luckily I escaped though.

A Sparkplugs - One for another day. Whoever at BMW thought that needing to remove the bloody cabin filter housing to access the rearmost plugs was a good idea deserves to be shot.

Ten minute job to change all 6 plugs. You just need the right gear :D

Any advance on that? It's on my list for the weekend, but I'm not seeing much by way of shortcuts...

A Sparkplugs - One for another day. Whoever at BMW thought that needing to remove the bloody cabin filter housing to access the rearmost plugs was a good idea deserves to be shot.

Ten minute job to change all 6 plugs. You just need the right gear :D

Any advance on that? It's on my list for the weekend, but I'm not seeing much by way of shortcuts...

You need a 4" extension IIRC on a 3/8 drive ratchet. It fits just right.

Whoever at BMW thought that needing to remove the bloody cabin filter housing to access the rearmost plugs was a good idea deserves to be shot. .

3 (IIRC) Torx bolts and it lifts out. Hardly a big job. :thumbsup:

Edited by StuBeeDoo

today was a nice eventful day, started early morning, got the car up in the air, on stands, adjusted the hand brake and gave everything a once over.

Jet washed the whole underneath and removed all the dirt that had found a home in all small places. Surprised at how clean the car actually is underneath.

It all ended with cleaning the outside of the car.

Extremely happy with how she know looks outside and underneath.

left the car with my brother to get the tyres changed, had a front pone blow out while pumping it after driving to nearest petrol station on a flat. and rears where bold on inner edge.

just need to get the rear camber sorted as best as i can with the standard adjuster.

Extended test drive of the i3 booked for Monday. I get to keep it for a few days and see how it works in the real world :)

I can't wait to test out the pre-heat function to get the cabin up to temperature before leaving :D