Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

56 minutes ago, TriggerFish said:

Got crashed into by an Audi TT who didn't grasp the idea of turning to stay in his lane at the roundabout.

No damage, thankfully. Just as well as he didn't stop either until I caught him at a set of lights. 

Bar stewards :D

Dunno what happened to the sound!

Thats why I've always got my sound recording enabled Trigger, slight knocks like that are heard more than felt.

And we all know audi drivers are w****rs. . . . . Oh hang on [emoji15]

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

7 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

You're really tempting me to use some of my last three weeks of leave for the year to grab a tent, jump into the E30 and head back to the Alps for a bit! 

Do it :)

The roads are very quiet. We had those 3 passes to ourselves pretty much. Which meant i could thrash the e90 all the way to the top.

8 hours ago, feva said:

Thats why I've always got my sound recording enabled Trigger, slight knocks like that are heard more than felt.

And we all know audi drivers are w****rs. . . . . Oh hang on [emoji15]

The sound is on when I play it back on my phone, just not on YouTube. And yes, the clunk is much more noticeable than the movement to the car. Good advice though - I always assumed it would be the other way around.

11 hours ago, feva said: And we all know audi drivers are w****rs. . . . . [emoji15]

Not wrong there!!!

Still a bmw driver at heart

Cut people up hog the fast lane [emoji1]

Had a rattle under acceleration. Exhaust manifold is cracked. Waiting for quote. Dual mass also gone. That's £800 inc clutch kit and labour. 😥

Led side lights and rear plate lights! So much cleaner, newer looking. Can't seem to add pics off the phone :/ 

Tapatalk (forum app) easiest way to add pics off phone.

That's what I've done for s while. Now it keeps asking to sign up to tapatalk and couldn't be arsed 

Haha lazy bugger. Sign up then it remembers all your forums and passwords. Easy.

Yeah, good result for £10 and 15 minutes. Only issue was plate lights seemed massive, box and lights both said 39mm. Which after searching on here is correct but the actual light seemed more like 42mm. Bent tabs out slightly and it worked.. Hope it keeps working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the call about the exhaust manifold. There is also a "silly amount" of play in the turbo. So much so that they said in all conscience they wouldn't take my money to do the clutch/flywheel and manifold if I didn't want to replace the turbo as I'd be paying £1500 then looking at a very soon further £800+ for a turbo which being realistic is not worth it on a 2004 330cd with 199k miles. 

Looks like ice I have to say goodbye to her after the best 3 1/2 yrs behind the wheel I've ever had. 😥

Had the call about the exhaust manifold. There is also a "silly amount" of play in the turbo. So much so that they said in all conscience they wouldn't take my money to do the clutch/flywheel and manifold if I didn't want to replace the turbo as I'd be paying £1500 then looking at a very soon further £800+ for a turbo which being realistic is not worth it on a 2004 330cd with 199k miles. 

Looks like ice I have to say goodbye to her after the best 3 1/2 yrs behind the wheel I've ever had. [emoji26]

Sad news!! But is it not worth getting quotes for everything all in? Maybe even second hand parts and lots of beer tokens to forum members and sort it over a couple of weekends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A recon turbo is about £300-500, I think. 

I got my clutch and dmf done for £160, plus parts (not that much from ecp). I reckon you could get the whole lot done for under £1,000. 

-

Lost all electrical power as I sat on the drive aafter getting home. Engine off, but ignition on, I went to shut the window which killed everything. Removing the key and reinserting it reset the car, the Speedo went all flickery and then it worked again. Very strange!

Inspection II and MOT at BMW, expensive day! But, flew through, nothing needed adjusting (all shims within tolerance) and no advisories on the MOT.

1 hour ago, MangoMan said:

Wouldn't be 'this' one would it...??? http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123

'fraid not.

Edited by Sam

Was just wondering as I was quite active there for nearly 6 years and nearly 11000 posts later! Sold the R75 V6 after I bought the Beemer....

Gave me 6 years of trouble-free motoring - really!

2015-10-19%2013.33.09_zpsyt4hd7od.jpg~or

But it was time...... :(:(