Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Forgot to say that I went up to Heckfield on Sunday to meet up with a few old acquaintances from my R75 days.

I was very happily surprised to realise that for the journey there and back I returned an average mpg of 43.4.

Absolutely amazing seeing as I was driving quite normally.

But I will add that 90% of it was on the M27/3 motorways. But chuffed none the less..! 😉

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra on tapatalk.

So last week i replaced my motor mounts and disturbed the pipes to the expansion tank which (behr 1year old)started been leaking, today i replaced with a FEBI one and replaced the voltage regulator after both headlight bulbs blew as some suggest that its caused by over voltage and its on MANGOS punishment list.Well the brushes were gone so hopefully thats sorted.Next i replaced the rear antiroll bar brackets as they were very rusty,thats when i discovered my rear tyre a pirelli had on the inside the tread had separated 2/3 round with the metal visible! Dodged a bullet there as i was due to drive to the coast.

Had a leak from the oil filter housing gasket for 2 years!!

Even sent it in at one point 12 months ago to be done. Garage diagnosed sump gasket and a leaking power steering pipe. 

Cost me £200. Still bloody leaked when I got it back. 

Decided that id stop being lazy and do it myself after being quoted £300 to do it. Loads of labour time apparently. 

Took me 6 hours in total and I haven't done it before, so had to keep checking back online for pointers. 

Done now tho. 

70A890BF-9CEA-4DA1-B8B7-CC1CD8F97D4B_zps

CE4AEF5E-6C20-46C5-BE9F-C87DD6EC00DD_zps

E018673C-6BCB-417E-840D-ACAEB5F609D1_zps

1 hour ago, MangoMan said:

Bloody awesome!

Makes me quite jealous.... :(

Thanks. Don't be jealous though, you live in the warmer and drier climate, if it's not raining here, it's pretty much just about to.

We still have some great empty roads to play on though. OK, now you can be jealous 😜

First ever attempt at detailing. Been meaning to for ages but just too lazy. Managed to snow foam with valet pro phone neutral, shampoo with autoglym, dry. Then clayed about 3/4 of the car stopped to watch f1 and it's started raining so think that's it for the day.

Annoying I didn't get to Polish and wax but more than I've done in the last year and beats taking it to the Polish guys down the road!

It all smells so good!

Edit - forgot I also used AG tar remover. Amazing! 14 years of tar disappeared

Edited by Lawyered07

Spanked it up and down the autobahn for the last 10 days!

Going from 90 - 150mph, not much could keep up. I nearly got taken out by a Volvo at 120mph though, just pulled out in front of me. Will upload footage when back home.

Parked it outside it's new home (!) Just temporary though while I changed the locks. Moving in for proper, v soon, woot woot!

Edited by The_Judge_

Fitted a splash guard to the inner rear arch of the e30. It also has the added benefit of tucking the fuel vent tank up into the  wheel well further so that it doesn't scuff the tyre on big suspension depressions. 

Suf, glad its all gone through! I'm hopefully due to exchange on Friday :D

12 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

Fitted a splash guard to the inner rear arch of the e30. It also has the added benefit of tucking the fuel vent tank up into the  wheel well further so that it doesn't scuff the tyre on big suspension depressions. 

Suf, glad its all gone through! I'm hopefully due to exchange on Friday :D

Thanks Joe, good luck with the exchange!