Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

17 hours ago, Foe said:

Wow!!! What a difference a weight makes! 

No no - I thought the wheel shake was due to a weight. The deformation is what caused the shake (which was poor maintenance on my part). I wish I could blame it on a weight though!

So after lots of searches on lots of sites and still no answers..... 

My rear 3rd break light, on the tourer, was not working. Tried everything wiggling wires, meter testing, ripped out the rear in search of something. And then the answer. 

The actual light itself has two small wires and the clip that held them rubbed one, water got in and rotted the wires. See below 

20121279_10156106099297119_4697839563869

So I soldered the wires together, tapped up, and now have a working 3rd light! 

But the dash light,  for blown rear bulb,  is still on. My next thing to try and fix! 

I reckon it might be something with when the tow bar was fitted by the PO. 

Sunday i had my intake manifold out to remove the swirl flaps, yesterday i had it out again to refit the seals that fell out when i refitted it the first time, today i have been mostly enjoying it, before this sunday when im doing the prop shaft joints...

After 4 years watching rust eat the wings I finally got it sorted. Obviously not a great match but good enough for a car with 231,000 miles on it! I can live with it lol. Once off the old wings had the breaking strain of a KitKat! Cant load the new photo so have to do another post.

Also got the re call done for drivers airbag on both cars. As usual the stealers gleefully told me of about 5 bloomin jobs that need doing on the old gals. Oil leaks & front bottom arm ball joints need attention. Bugga!

P1030059.JPG

Yet more expense lol

2 new bottom arms as brake judder re appeared yesterday during a 200 mile round trip. Stealers said there was some play in them after checking the car over while in for the airbag recall. 

As usual I thought there taking the pee but 100 mile later lol.

Also gotta get some powerflex bushes for the rear trailing arms. That's the next job....well, until she throws summat else my way!

Got the local car wash guys to give my vert a clean then put it on Piston Heads.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e46-3-series-98-06/bmw-3-series-e46-330ci-msport---------------2004/7580782

Looking at either an M3 4.0 DCT vert or Z4 35isDCT vert as its replacement 

Edited by dunk1

Refitted my HSDs from my last 330 to the rear. I no longer scrape getting out of the work car park! (Although I suspect it will do once the fronts are on, as I think they're set lower than the apex's that are on atm.)

Today I hovered the inside as it had got disgusting. Dust and bits of plant everywhere. The downside of parking with the roof open I guess!

Edited by TriggerFish

Tourer failed the mot last week

Offside front calliper(old age)

Offside front tyre had split in it

Not too bad

So had 2x Avons ZV5 fitted to match the recent rears I had put on

New calliper and brake pads fitted

Plus a Hunter alignment

12 months new ticket and drives really nice again

Also had  a nice comment about the car from the mechanic👌🏻

Fixed my front end knocking (drop links), refitted the HSDs to the front (I'd forgotten how comical they are on their stiffest mode!), gave it an oil change, and discovered during all this that the xenon level sensor was broken, so fixed that, and that the front brake hoses were perished, so replaced those too.

I think it's needs to be lower at the front though, despite the fact I was happy with that ride height on them on my last E46...