Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

Treated the Vert to a new battery as the old one was showing signs "old age" .....aren't we all lol. 

330d now on 234,000 is in for a xmas treat soon as its in for coolant & brake fluid change. New front wheel bearings/new disc shields & new rear bushes. Also getting 2 punctures fixed on the spare "winters". If that fails then ive gotta buy some bloomin more!

Scrapped it, at last. Good bye old friend (or something like that).

80r8cmF.jpg

LoPUmTE.jpg

z55zC1E.jpg

And finally worked out an (undignified) way to move the old exhaust pipe...

jOz7KEY.jpg

Edited by TriggerFish

2 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

Scrapped it, at last. Good bye old friend (or something like that).

80r8cmF.jpg

LoPUmTE.jpg

z55zC1E.jpg

And finally worked out an (undignified) way to move the old exhaust pipe...

jOz7KEY.jpg

Hey Joe, sorry not been in touch re rear lights and martins headrest. Managed to detach a tendon from a bone in my foot (don't ask :P ) so am on crutches unable to drive for a bit. I'll sort something out soon :)

No worries - they're not causing me a problem. Sorry to hear about the foot too! I'm never really over Tring way, but if I find myself in that direction any time soon, I'll drop you a text so I can drop them with you. 

I took my 330ci in for the steering wheel air bag recall,it was done at bmw Hailsham east sussex.Its a rather nice dealership free coffee and lots of cars to look at,The i 8 hybrid looks good but it was a poor colour choice but comfy interior.Well i also got a free inspection and the offer of a car wash which i declined,the car got a clean bill on the checkup not bad,now at 205,000 miles.

3 hours ago, alan53 said:

I took my 330ci in for the steering wheel air bag recall,it was done at bmw Hailsham east sussex.Its a rather nice dealership free coffee and lots of cars to look at,The i 8 hybrid looks good but it was a poor colour choice but comfy interior.Well i also got a free inspection and the offer of a car wash which i declined,the car got a clean bill on the checkup not bad,now at 205,000 miles.

They're hard work get in to/out off those i8s aren't they? With the high sills, low car, and small down opening, I found it a bit awkward - and that's as a slim 25 year old! I can't imagine it's any easier for the more elderly market I'd guess these are aimed at!

Mine was rejected for the health check as it was 'too low for the ramps'. -_-

16 hours ago, alan53 said:

i got into detailing,,my mates new model s3 and a few orhers i was doing,my mate who has the s3 asked if his boss could get his i8 ndone,,so they fetched it to my house,,dear me the seats in the rear are like little pony saddles,,quite hard to clean also,the scoops on the rear and lower rear are awkward,the carbon fibre roof also,the roof was actually covered in scratches,i assumed he been taking it to the local eastern euro car wash,,wouldnt have one for the 110k it cost,plenty of cars out there that trump it,,got pics of the day if anyone wants to see it close up..

On 04/12/2017 at 17:47, TriggerFish said:

They're hard work get in to/out off those i8s aren't they? With the high sills, low car, and small down opening, I found it a bit awkward - and that's as a slim 25 year old! I can't imagine it's any easier for the more elderly market I'd guess these are aimed at!

Mine was rejected for the health check as it was 'too low for the ramps'. -_-

Lol I chuckled at the fact that they couldn't do the health check because your car was to low, although I shouldn't laugh because I know if mine was a few mm lower I probably would have had the same issue. 

But I suppose we got to sacrifice some things for being low :)

Edited by BOB_330

Had loads of fun in the snow,

Back to backed the Dunlop winter tyred manual Touring with the Summer shod Auto Vert in 4 maybe 5 inches of snow. With snow tyres the Touring was a dream while the Vert was a nightmare!! Plus unfortunately the missus clocked me trying to get the out of control Vert in the drive. I nearly took the fence down lol. She failed to see the funny side as I said a miss is a miss. Joking aside though I'm bloomin glad I don't have to go to work in this weather tomorrow so I hope you guys have all get home safely!!!!

Yesterday the Touring had new front wheel bearings, Water hoses coolant change, disc dust covers, rear rose bushes then brake fluid change & 2 Dunlop SP 5`s winters on the rear. So we are on bread n jam for xmas lol.

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

Edited by MICK 330

& Today........a new steering rack Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  lol

On a brighter note...the Vert passed its MOT & No advisories!!!!!!  Yipppeeeee!!

Today.... Praised the old gal as it clicked over 235,000 miles cruising at 80mph quiet as a mouse..........Then at 235,001 cussed the bloody thing as the brake warning lights came on which i suspect to be rear pads lol.

Its alive & taking the piss outta me i know it......where`s the JD...happy new year!

Edited by MICK 330
numbers were wrong lol

Ha ...As above....

Praised the 330d for passing 240,000 miles (yes i have a photo to prove) then......... as above bloody cussed it as i had a really LOUD bang from the n/s (thought id been hit by debris but couldn't see anything at 630am) & i think a rear springs gone?  Cant see much but it seems to be sitting lower. 

Totally guessing at the moment but find out tomorrow. New fuel pump last Saturday & now this. :mad:Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh

1 hour ago, bachu said:

Will be fitting a air scoop to my duuuurty Diesel ... so i gain 0.4bHP extra LOL

proove it ha ha 

Overheated in this freezing weather. (Impressive, right?) I had a coolant leak, and while I tracked it down, I kept refilling it with water. I finally fixed (I think!) the leak, but forgot to replace the water with antifreeze (I know, I know!). The lower pipe into the radiator froze up so the water wasn't pumping, and there was no hot cabin air. It then started to overheat (I assumed maybe the climate control was having a hissy fit, so ignored the lack of heat as the fan was on the slowest speed too, despite being on 'auto') - hence the discovery that it was frozen up! A friend drove me to BMW at lunch and I bought antifreeze, and then I thawed the pipes/radiator out with hot water in the work car park, refilled it with antifreeze, and problem solved.

5AeGFEz.jpg

After that, I enjoyed it in the snow! :D 

14 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

Overheated in this freezing weather. (Impressive, right?) I had a coolant leak, and while I tracked it down, I kept refilling it with water. I finally fixed (I think!) the leak, but forgot to replace the water with antifreeze (I know, I know!). The lower pipe into the radiator froze up so the water wasn't pumping, and there was no hot cabin air. It then started to overheat (I assumed maybe the climate control was having a hissy fit, so ignored the lack of heat as the fan was on the slowest speed too, despite being on 'auto') - hence the discovery that it was frozen up! A friend drove me to BMW at lunch and I bought antifreeze, and then I thawed the pipes/radiator out with hot water in the work car park, refilled it with antifreeze, and problem solved.

5AeGFEz.jpg

After that, I enjoyed it in the snow! :D 

just keep an eye on it,,could of breached the head gasket ..depends how long it was overheating