Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

And Passo Valparola 

47476383-DEC8-4B60-97FD-266031AF8D96_zps

Passo Falzarego

C31E2471-4F1F-4511-BFF1-343D24808B97_zps

4 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

A recon turbo is about £300-500, I think. 

I got my clutch and dmf done for £160, plus parts (not that much from ecp). I reckon you could get the whole lot done for under £1,000. 

-

Lost all electrical power as I sat on the drive aafter getting home. Engine off, but ignition on, I went to shut the window which killed everything. Removing the key and reinserting it reset the car, the Speedo went all flickery and then it worked again. Very strange!

Even a recon turbo £400 + labour

dmf £350 ish ecp

clutch kit £140 ish plus labour

manifold (I couldn't find pattern other than eBay so oem £500 inc gaskets etc)

£1400 parts alone and probably £5-600 labour if I shop around. I called the Indy I used to use (way further away) he told me with the mileage I'd be rolling a dice that other stuff could go soon as I've had it for 65k miles and haven't yet had issues with coolant system or suspension etc so they could soon start to go. 

I know now the pros for the devil you know etc and not much after that lot should go but I can't risk it. My pockets aren't deep enough to spend on repairs more than half the value if it was mint and with lower mileage so It's off to get a new small hatchback for a few years. 

I I am truly gutted especially as I finally got the wheels exchanged only 5 months ago. 

On 29/06/2016 at 15:50, Edges said:

Yeah, good result for £10 and 15 minutes. Only issue was plate lights seemed massive, box and lights both said 39mm. Which after searching on here is correct but the actual light seemed more like 42mm. Bent tabs out slightly and it worked.. Hope it keeps working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same ones that i fitted last year. Bargain with the trade card and transform the car a treat.

Picked her up from the garage to take her home not knowing what to do with it. Every time the turbo came on (which I was desperately trying to avoid) it sounded like a super loud dremmel and loads of smoke out the back. They put me onto a local guy who had been in and asked about it on their forecourt. So cutting a long story short, Sold it to an old boy who runs his own garage round the corner from my house with a seriously cracked exhaust manifold, knackered dmf, blown turbo, non working offside mirror, a/c not working, handbrake not holding very well plus a few other non issue minor things. Didn't get an awful lot for it (on top of the newly refurbed exchange mv2's value, but he's going to fix it up as no labour costs to him just parts so it will rise again. Got a load more than scrapping or flogging to breakers so not too bad all in all. 

Took out the piano dash trims and gear surround and the clibsport gear knob I'd fitted so ill shift them on soon  

Was as genuinely sad to see her go. Hey ho. These things happen. Just a shame all three biggies happened at once and there were a couple of other bits that could do with sorting as well so I had to let it go. 

How much want for the gearknob and piano black? Keep the door cards to go with it?

Fitted my reversing camera .....

10 minutes ago, Foxsake said:

Easy or Fiddly mod?

Bodge job in the end, but thanks to this forum and good replies, it was much easier than I thought it would be!

http://bit.ly/1Gdx9xt - see the last page

Edited by The_Judge_

Fitted some much needed new wiper blades and also put in some LED sidelights. 5ae4db59228f251027f09fcec2b0e897.jpg

Bloomin' heck!

What bulbs are they? They look more like headlights...!!! [emoji33]

Just the normal 3w ones. I got the camera directly on the beam so it looks brighter. Defo brighter and cleaner light than old bulb. About the same as a modern cars driving lights.

Thanks.... You wouldn't by any chance have a link would you please? (I ask this so the Light Warning doesn't go off).

:thumbup:

Edited by MangoMan

Thanks.... You wouldn't by any chance have a link would you please? (I ask this so the Light Warning doesn't go off).

:thumbup:

Get them from Halfords in store. 501 fitment. As long as it has CANbus then you won't get warning light. £15. daac41b78147f3d4040d520d2a53c453.jpg

On 2 July 2016 at 07:10, Edges said:

How much want for the gearknob and piano black? Keep the door cards to go with it?

Was gonna list the piano black 4 piece dash and gear surround set on the bay for £50. Clubsport knob for £25 and see how they go. 

I don't have the door trims just the 3 piece dash and gear surround trims. 

Gave up in despair as the car lost all electrical power again as soon as I tried to unlock it after arriving at work. It'll drive fine, but when stopped, it just looses power to everything electrical, until you insert the key into the ignition, at which point the systems have a bit of a hissy fit, and then generally work OK again.

Weird. Likely terminal too I suspect!

As per my car thread some inconsiderate thing full on door dented my car the other week, well last night  she was fixed

2016-07-07%2008.34.21_zps2i0lnztz.jpg

Well chuffed, had a a pin dent on the door done and a pin dent on the bonnet done and the car is now totally dent free :)

Edited by R11CH

Picked up this old girl yesterday, one owner, full BMWSH and no rust, very tidy bodywork.

Not bad for a sensible run about, plan to do the obvious bits (EGR, Swirl Flap Delete) first and keep the service history going. Some Sport seats are definitely on the list though as I cannot stand the standard seats, literally zero support.

OjXyGeil.jpg

I fitted a second hand Chinese satnav I got for 90 and sold business unit for 40 happy days