Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

12,843 posts in this topic

Enjoyed an MOT pass with advisories for an oil leak (most likely left over from when the oil filter housing cover split) and two low front tyres. :)

Collected shortened drop links ready to fit a lovely set of coilovers from triggerfish :)

Oh and also sourced a new front wing to replace the rusty one. Just need to drive to Portsmouth at the weekend to collect it :)

Edited by Markus5000

Foxsake   

Had a custom made Catback Exhaust put on the car.. Ears are adjusting to the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MICK 330   

Full service on the 330d + balanced front wheels as it was chattering me false teeth at 80!!

Next up will be suspension top rear mounts which are perished. Front wheel bearings starting to squeak but they have now done 232,750 miles so cant complain at that!!!!  Runs like a bird again. 

dunk1   

Not quite today but over the last week or so. 

Fitted new cam cover seal kit, spark plugs, ccv kit, front brake hoses, air filter, pollen filter, 4 wheel 

alignment done and now getting the wheels refurbed again but in a much brighter silver along with

4 new Vredestein Vorti tyres being fitted

BOB_330   
13 hours ago, Foxsake said:

Bit of an old fashioned exhaust vid

What exhaust was you running there, sounds mad?

Foxsake   
What exhaust was you running there, sounds mad?

Haha thanks - it is!!

Custom made at Longlife Walsall - Lifetime Guarantee

2.5” system

“Mid-Full Sports Note”

BOB_330   
1 hour ago, Foxsake said:

Haha thanks - it is!!

Custom made at Longlife Walsall - Lifetime Guarantee

2.5” system

“Mid-Full Sports Note”

Is it basically the backbox with both the resonator and secondary cats replaced with straight piping? Or are there any resonators still in place.

Cheers

On 15/10/2017 at 21:14, Foxsake said:

Bit of an old fashioned exhaust vid

I wish I had a petrol! As much as my straight piped 330d sounds awesome/terrible (depending on my mood and the situation!), there's nothing nicer than a sublte popping like that - especially when it's not all artificial like 'modern' cars.

I finally got rid of the awful Vredestian front tyres in favour of some Nokians (I loved them as winters, so figured that they'd be worth a shot). The tramlining is gone! It's a totally different car! :D

Foxsake   
Is it basically the backbox with both the resonator and secondary cats replaced with straight piping? Or are there any resonators still in place.
Cheers

Smaller middle silencer from the secondary cats.

Iv not had chance to get under the car to look at it properly yet though. ( the ramps were all being used in the garage when i picked it up )

Bamse   
6 minutes ago, chrisbp said:

Looks ace - where and how much , do they do exchange service ?

Cheers

Bought it off a guy on eBay. He only had that one. I believe it was done by Royalwheels. 

dunk1   

Refurbed wheels are on along with new rubber :)

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

Edited by dunk1

mjn   

Not quite cold enough for winter rubber round my way. I reckon it'll be another two weeks before it's cold enough.

dunk1   

ATF changed yesterday, the transmission guy who did it said the old fluid looked in good condition 

he also plugged into the car and no faults recorded so all good news 

rasa   

car in for new aux belts etc and new water pump and main stat also 2 new rear rainsport tyres,,not a cheap weekend.

rasa   
On 09/11/2017 at 10:18, rasa said:

car in for new aux belts etc and new water pump and main stat also 2 new rear rainsport tyres,,not a cheap weekend.

my guy i use for most work..here goes..he bought 3 belts(gates) he fitted 2 rear tyres and waterpump and main thermostat which i bought from bmw.then he gave it a full coolant change..price  £100 cannot say fairer than that considering a coolant change on its own would be around £40-£50 i imagine.and tyres i usually pay £10 a corner at my usual place but the guy has a tyre peeler/balancer  now.

Edited by rasa

On 16/10/2017 at 22:17, TriggerFish said:

I wish I had a petrol! As much as my straight piped 330d sounds awesome/terrible (depending on my mood and the situation!), there's nothing nicer than a sublte popping like that - especially when it's not all artificial like 'modern' cars.

I finally got rid of the awful Vredestian front tyres in favour of some Nokians (I loved them as winters, so figured that they'd be worth a shot). The tramlining is gone! It's a totally different car! :D

Oh come on Joe, yours sounds the tits mate, by far the best diesel note I've heard to date!

14 hours ago, Markus5000 said:

Oh come on Joe, yours sounds the tits mate, by far the best diesel note I've heard to date!

It's chav-tastic... (But so fun at the same time)