Sam

Forum Upgrade 28Th March 2013

As you may be aware, the forum has been offline this morning for some upgrades to the forum software.

I've upgraded the forum to the latest version which covered a few new features but mainly security fixes as well as some moderator fixes. For the eagle eyed, you may have spotted the new twitter and Facebook icons, I'm hoping to use these tools more over the next few months to grow the site. Why not follow us!

As with most software updates, there maybe some bugs. If you find anything on the forum not working, or looking slightly wonky, please reply to this topic and I'll do my best to fix it.

Edited by Sam

As you may be aware, the forum has been offline this morning for some upgrades to the forum software.

I've upgraded the forum to the latest version which covered a few new features but mainly security fixes as well as some moderator fixes. For the eagle eyed, you may have spotted the new twitter and Facebook icons, I'm hoping to use these tools more over the next few months to grow the site. Why not follow us!

As with most software updates, there maybe some bugs. If you find anything on the forum not working, or looking slightly wonky, please reply to this topic and I'll do my best to fix it.

The quote thingy looks so weird! But it's fine, might take a bit of getting used to is all. No problems to report so far :thumbup:

IE 10 test

Looks like it works!
Will try again from home/Windows 8 tonight :)

If you zoom in on the page, all the formatting goes askew now with the twitter and facebook icons. That's more my fault for being blind than the forums fault though. Just thought I'd mention it as it never used to. That's on XP and Firefox 9.

Edit: Holy s**t, quoting is horrendous on this layout! :lol:

Edited by Gaz

Yes it's showing the html coding for some reason :/

Test link to external site. Hotlink. Direct link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Edit: Odd, doesn't seem to be showing the coding for me, does for Jay. Are you posting from a mobile, Jay?

Edited by Gaz

Interesting, so its not the upgrade that's caused it. I can rebuild the topics, but it will take for ever and a day, I'll kick it off late one evening.

And Gaz, get some glasses! ETA: It only appears to go weird if you zoom in a lot, like really A LOT.

Edited by Sam

Nope, as it did this on 25th March

Sent 25 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi Tony,<br><br>I hope you are well?<br><br>Can I please have a couple of prices, can you mark them up individually pleae using my extra discount.<br><br>To be delivered to Northamptonshire.<br><br>Fuel filter&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="tel:13327512019">13327512019</a><br>

<div><br></div><div>I am after changing the vacuum line from the intake boot to the file filter but I am a bit confused as to the part numbers, I may only need the short rubber tubing each end, I think it's either&nbsp;<a href="tel:11727545323">11727545323</a>&nbsp;or &nbsp;<a href="tel:13327561060">13327561060</a>&nbsp;can you clear up what's what and let me have a price for the complete line IE the two short end hoses and the main pipe and a price just for the two end hoses?</div><div><br></div><div>I hope that makes sense.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><br></div><div>Bob</div>

Weird, with mine it does it from 120% (so 20% extra zoom) onwards :/ It's not exactly an issue though. Serves me right for running such a high resolution!

Nope, as it did this on 25th March

Sent 25 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi Tony,<br><br>I hope you are well?<br><br>Can I please have a couple of prices, can you mark them up individually pleae using my extra discount.<br><br>To be delivered to Northamptonshire.<br><br>Fuel filter&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="tel:13327512019">13327512019</a><br>

<div><br></div><div>I am after changing the vacuum line from the intake boot to the file filter but I am a bit confused as to the part numbers, I may only need the short rubber tubing each end, I think it's either&nbsp;<a href="tel:11727545323">11727545323</a>&nbsp;or &nbsp;<a href="tel:13327561060">13327561060</a>&nbsp;can you clear up what's what and let me have a price for the complete line IE the two short end hoses and the main pipe and a price just for the two end hoses?</div><div><br></div><div>I hope that makes sense.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><br></div><div>Bob</div>

Thats HTML in a plain text format. Not sure why its doing that.

Hardly seems any different to me aside from the 2 new icons. Do i need to empty my cache or something?

Stop skim reading! I said its mainly security changes, the user won't see much new.

Every time I update my " new content" it shows that array has commented on EVERY thread. But when I open a thread he hasn't. I've cleared cookies and history on my iPhone but its still the same. It's just a bit odd.

No offence to array. Lol

Ideas anyone?

i have another one.....every time i go from off-topic to general using the small horizontal expand list towards the the top of the page,i get an error message..."opps...something went wrong.....The topic filter settings you submitted are not valid. Please go back and reset your topic filter settings"

first time thats happened!!!! :cry: