R11CH

R11CH: Supercharged E46 Build.

20 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

Echo that - good stuff! I'm planning to do my new e46 soon after seeing the fate of my old one (or at least wax it until the summer). What did you use? I used 3m stuff and a spray gun on the e30, but it's still not dried fully in places after a couple of months!

Cheers man.

I used Dinitrol products, used them on my other car 6 years ago and its still perfect. I used the spray cans as apposed to a spray gun as i feel i have a little more control as to not covering things that don't want covering if you get me (less mess). The cavity wax is really good too.

It seems to be the bits that have seam sealer or previous underseal that take the time to dry with the wax but the stone chip i used has fully cured leaving a plastic like coating, really impressed with it and should be good for the rear arches which see a lot of wear.

https://www.dinitroldirect.com/product-category/corrosion-protection/

Edited by R11CH

Got the car back down on its wheels today and took it for a good spin up the private road to my unit, new intake pipes and cleaning the idle control valve have made a huge improvement to the idle, has a much stronger idle making it harder to stall especially when reversing it use to try and catch you out but thats all good now. Oil leak has gone for good so that was worth while doing the oil filter housing gasket.

Painted a few bits on the car after seeing Hawk paint the rear window bobble bits and wipers i thought i would pull my finger out and do mine as they had been bugging me for a while but hadn't got round to doing it.

After sitting in the unit for a few months it was only right i gave the old girl a good bubble bath and a little polish for the winter months ahead, had to give the inside a good clean as the spiders had been busy making webs everywhere!

20161106_104029_zpsusdmkfjg.jpg

20161106_132322_zpsumgqohgl.jpg

20161106_132346_zpsmoocr3cg.jpg

20161106_132402_zps0s0t3flt.jpg

20161106_132417_zpszxuz2eta.jpg

20161106_132500_zpscezavina.jpg

20161106_132508_zpsvnlbgklu.jpg

20161106_132533_zpsfsotlbcq.jpg

20161106_132554_zpsmuipjdx4.jpg

20161106_132900_zpsgcrjktzq.jpg

20161106_132959_zpstfmesywa.jpg

20161106_140743_zpsg0bgmn3x.jpg

20161106_141027_zpstia8vntk.jpg

20161106_141050_zps6vax36tn.jpg

Covered up ready for its MOT

20161106_150507_zpsaw594gca.jpg

Going to be getting the wheels refurbished in hypersilver in the new year and im going to get a price on a having the secondary cats and centre box removed or possibly a whole new system then go have it dyno mapped to make the most of the bits i have done. 

Cant wait to get back out in it, 3 months of a fiesta and the van for transport has been killing me.

Edited by R11CH

Lovely car mate, I might have to take some rust prevention pointers from you.

If you're just looking for making the car a bit louder with the exhaust work, I'd recommend considering just changing the headers & deleting the primary cats. Happy to demo this for you as a Sussex local as I've just done it, the engine is much more responsive & gained power across the rev range and the sound is great, same timbre but louder and raspier. Fair warning though, you will want a supercharger.

11 hours ago, govich said:

Lovely car mate, I might have to take some rust prevention pointers from you.

If you're just looking for making the car a bit louder with the exhaust work, I'd recommend considering just changing the headers & deleting the primary cats. Happy to demo this for you as a Sussex local as I've just done it, the engine is much more responsive & gained power across the rev range and the sound is great, same timbre but louder and raspier. Fair warning though, you will want a supercharger.

Cheers man.

Thats exactly what im after is a bit more noise but not asbo loud. As it happens i have bought a pair of m52 manifolds after seeing your build and avalaughs  (which i keep tabs on both threads) and now plan to completely decat the car but stuck as to if i should take the middle box out too.

I didn't realise you was in Sussex, i hardly see many 46s round my way so that would be cool to meet up and have a listen to yours and secretly i want a supercharger anyway haha but priorities.

Mice are actually real carbon fibre, not gloss black... So on my Imola red coupe, which has black windows, black wheels (in the winter anyway) white and black BMW badges, black kidney grilles and soon to feature a carbon fibre rear diffuser I think they look perfect.

Can see your point with colour coding but I reckon they're supposed to stand out as Daz says, and adding my carbon fibre splitters was one of my favourite upgrades, (excluding my Ispiri summer wheels).... made the front look so much more aggressive. I must put some pics up in my build thread come to think of it, haven't updated it in ages

If you painted yours gloss black, then paired them with some gloss black kidney grilles they would look epic!

Each to their own though, if you like them colour coded that's all that matters. They look good all the same.

So its that time of year again when its service time, gave the car an oil and filter change, plugs, powersteering fluid change and brake fluid change, had a few new additions i have had sat about for awhile so got them fitted while servicing the old girl.

Some powerflex bushes and a solid steering bush. Pain to get the old bushes off but they have made a nice difference to the turn in of the car, nice and responsive.

20170330_16273346z_zpsdubzrp2q.jpg

20170414_15481246z_zpsdkq9xxv4.jpg

20170414_15482746z_zpsm5urv37u.jpg

Also removed the clutch delay valve, have yet to really notice the difference of this mod. Also modified my airbox some more with the cold air feed now directly feeding into the airbox as apposed to the previous set up.

Still have my exhaust manifolds to fit and modify the rest of the exhaust so its completely cat less before it goes in for mapping.20170330_16271046z_zpsuntvtowr.jpg

Just finished claying the car today ready for tomorrow for a full mop and seal for another year. 

20170415_15514946Z_zpsgsd293xd.jpg

Also sold my pride and joy track car the other day, sad to see it go, 7 years of fun but its gone for a good cause 20170403_17193546z_zpsxx5e49ep.jpg

Edited by R11CH

On 15/04/2017 at 18:06, R11CH said:

So its that time of year again when its service time, gave the car an oil and filter change, plugs, powersteering fluid change and brake fluid change, had a few new additions i have had sat about for awhile so got them fitted while servicing the old girl.

Some powerflex bushes and a solid steering bush. Pain to get the old bushes off but both parts have made a nice difference to the turn in of the car, nice and responsive.

20170330_16273346z_zpsdubzrp2q.jpg

20170414_15481246z_zpsdkq9xxv4.jpg

20170414_15482746z_zpsm5urv37u.jpg

Also removed the clutch delay valve, have yet to really notice the difference of this mod. Also modified my airbox some more with the cold air feed now directly feeding into the airbox as apposed to the previous set up.

Still have my exhaust manifolds to fit and modify the rest of the exhaust so its completely cat less before it goes in for mapping.20170330_16271046z_zpsuntvtowr.jpg

Just finished claying the car today ready for tomorrow for a full mop and seal for another year. 

20170415_15514946Z_zpsgsd293xd.jpg

Also sold my pride and joy track car the other day, sad to see it go, 7 years of fun but its gone for a good cause 20170403_17193546z_zpsxx5e49ep.jpg

Fine example of 325 ci M,I own one with 74000 on the clock as I work offshore so do little miles in it,however I have let it go a bit but this thread has inspired me to revitalise it ,plus the wifey is getting a new Q3 and I have to keep my bm,getting wheel and a few others bit done.did you sort out your fog,changed mine but it's done it again,think I will get thoses surrounds though...thxs

Not updated this in a long while as i been busy house buying but with that out the way thr Bmw can come first once again haha.

Car has been faultless all year so treated it to a new exhaust.

Managed to stumble upon a like new genuine oem Bmw performance exhaust which is part of the bmw performance range.

Fitment is spot on as you would expect from a bmw part and its a perfect exhaust note along with some pops and crackles on overrun and gear changes and compliments my modded airbox so you can really hear that striaght 6 but not asbo loud at the same time.

2017-11-30_11_47_25.jpg

2017-12-22 23.15.40.png

2017-12-24 12.30.25.png

20171204_191243.jpg

That looks really nice Rich, are the tail pipes staggered or do they sit in line with each other. I think next year I’m going to replace my Audi tips with some similar to those. I’m happy with the sound of my exhaust, so replacing the whole thing wouldn’t make sense. Just want the tips to look a bit nicer/oem. 

46 minutes ago, gaz-777 said:

That looks really nice Rich, are the tail pipes staggered or do they sit in line with each other. I think next year I’m going to replace my Audi tips with some similar to those. I’m happy with the sound of my exhaust, so replacing the whole thing wouldn’t make sense. Just want the tips to look a bit nicer/oem. 

They are adjustable so can be either staggered or straight which is a nice touch. I have them straight in the pic.

They are brushed stainless steel tips which i really like.

I have a video of it fitted but can't upload unfortunately due photobucket.

Car seems a lot more responsive since fitting it and i get that horrible eggy smell from the cats now too.

20171204_191224.jpg

20171204_191234.jpg

Edited by R11CH

Not done a great deal with the car for awhile other than enjoying it since fitting the exhaust.

Had another sticky caliper so decided enough was enough and replaced the lot and had the carriers shot blasted all ready for some fresh paint.

Also decided to refresh the front hub carriers, guards and fit new hubs and wheel bearings ready for the new brembo extra high carbon discs and ferodo ds2500 pads.

Will be having the car remapped soon and having the idle control valve deleted which should make the car a little more fun.

20180507_144849.jpg

9 hours ago, Benji83 said:

Nice work on the calipers, I can see the picture. How does the IAC valve delete work?

I'd be interested in knowing this too!

Taken from the mappers page.

On a standard car, the ICV is what controls the idle rpm. In fact, the ICV is used all the way up to around 1.5k and then followed by the main throttle body. During the moment of time when the main throttle body overcomes the ICV, there is a slight delay in throttle operation, which can be quite annoying in some cases such as pulling away.

Our ICV Deleted ECUs eliminate the need of an ICV and uses the main throttle body for idle instead. This massively improves throttle response and completely removes the throttle lag. In addition to that, it allows the throttle map to be more linear which makes it feel like a real cable throttle found in older cars.

Our ECUs come with two plugs that are needed for the conversion. Once the ICV is removed, one of the plug slides into the manifold and the other one goes into the intake boot where the ICV used to be.

It also has a raised limiter.

Secondary 02 sensors delete.

And a few other pieces.

Its available from DGmaps, ecu and bungs supplied. 

Edited by R11CH

So a slight change of plans although it was always the plan but i got my hands on a VF supercharger 😁 

Just need to get my m52 manifolds fitted along with decating the rest of the system. Refresh the vanos and replace the entire ccv system ready for fitting the charger.

20180603_124440.jpg

So my pads and discs finally turned up after a 3 week wait! Thanks Demon Tweeks.

Brembo extra high carbon discs, 

Ferodo Ds2500 pads,

New  brake lines, 

New oem calipers (painted)

Shot blasted and painted carriers,

Refurbished knuckles and brake guards,

New bearings and hubs.

Should keep me going or stopping for a bit, now just the rear to do.

20180614_220336.jpg