cjohnson

My Sport Touring On E38 Style 32S :)

Hi all, just thought I'd share a few pics of my touring after fitting her new wheels!

I have been wondering what to get for a while now and what would sit right on it etc, I wanted a set of Dare RS rims but to buy them new and new tyres is a lot of money if they didn't fit correctly etc.

So these came up with tyres, so bit the bullet and bought them, with the thought in mind that if I couldn't get them to fit correctly I could easily resell them and get my money back!

The fronts fit perfectly with no issues at all (As yet). I had to raise the rear quite abit or there was no chance they were fitting without constant rubbing lol. I think it looks quite nice with the rake on but would like to roll the rear arches and get it sat down a little more in the future. Anyway here's some pics :)

First fitment. (Oh s**t was my initial thought :lol: )

2j2ucmo.jpg

23mrksz.jpg

After many suspension tweeks to the rear, I have this! :) Some of you may not like it, but I love the look of it now!! Just as I say, would like the rear a little lower!

Straight after fitting, couldn't resist pics! haha (mind the dirty bus!)

o5cec1.jpg

2m3p9pv.jpg

Clean pics from yesterday!

ju7fj9.jpg

25yy4bd.jpg

dp6ycn.jpg

More pics in my thread in the photo zone, but I hope you all like!!

Comments good or bad are welcome!

Carl.

Cheers mate! I looked for ages for a touring on the same spec wheels and couldn't find one lol, so was abit of a risk but I love it!

Yeah 18" mate, 8j front et20, and 9j rear et22.

Plenty of stretch though lol. 215/35/18 front and 215/40/18 on the rear.

Looks spot on mate, I've been looking at options for wheels on my tourer and I had ruled out the style 32's... they're back on the list thanks to you :thumbup:

Looks nice. Can you put a bit more camber on the rears to tuck in the arch? The first picture looks like about the right camber but the rest look quite stood up.

I've got a touch of rake on my touring with standard style 32 due to thicker spring pads on the rear. I needed them to get off my drive but actually quite like the look.

I don't know about the rear camber mate, I don't know how it's adjusted. It's going for 4 wheel alignment next weekend so I presume I could ask them to tweek the camber then? In person though, there's more camber than there looks. I'll have a word with the lad doing the alignment next week.

Cheers.

Haha. I'm glad I've got people liking the wheels and my car, hope the site doesn't flood with cars on 32s now though! Lol

:P :P

Trigger, I had a set in my shed with big tyres that needed refurbing but sold them as I was too scared to throw money at them incase they didn't fit. Glad these came up with decent sized tyres!

Edited by cjohnson

Just reading this thread.

I am looking at these e38 alloys for my 330d sport touring 2002.

Just to recap, they are 8x18 et20 and 9x18 et22 respectively front and rear, and if I fit coilovers and 215/40/18's all round plus get some spigot rings, I should get away with no arch work if I don't go too low right?

Thanks for your advice.

Derek