sive s

Choice Of Tires On The Rears, 235/35/19 Tires On A 9.5J Deep Dish Alloy

Hi.

I am thinking of taking the 255/30/19 tires off the 19 inch alloys and selling them, the rear ones (these are currently rubbing on the arches).

I was thinking of also taking the 235/35/19 tires from the fronts 8.5j , putting it on the rears(these are falkens with 4mm thread). Would these fit and have you lot done this before. Have you got any pics of it. :)

The offset of the rears are et35.

I am also worried that these might cause buckling and cracking of the alloys. would this happen.

The other option was to fit 245/35/19 on the rears, if this happens then i would sell both set of tires and get a set up of:

fronts - 225/35/19 or 215/35/19

Rears - 245/35/19 or 235/35/19

What do you think. would this set up cause any problems, with a lowered car.

No matter what bmw i get next its gonna be lowered, straight away. This time with coilovers. :)

Thanks for reading Sive.

I did exactly that when I fitted my coilovers, used the 235/35 19 falkens off the front for the rears, and put fresh 225/35's on the front. It worked alright. These were ET45, there was still some space there, 10mm though, I'm not sure:

fa24a114.jpg

What are the benefits in going with less width on the tyres?

I've got cades tyrus which are 8.5j and 9.5j on the rear...

235/35/19 on the front and 265/30/19 and thought the stretched tyre always looked good?

235/35s on a 9.5 with ET35 will Rub on bumps occasionally or when cornering hard, but will fit ...nice bit of stretch too (thats what i found with mine which is a cab on M sport suspension so fairly low at the back)

hope this helps

235/35/19 on 9.5j rim
D54C5112-9FAB-4620-B736-78DDCAC35A09-689

and here are a set of CSL reps that i had before...9.5j ET35

75DFFF18-FCCC-48A6-9A23-8B34AC730731-388

9C40DC9C-2445-4B68-B6D7-148D59146958-388

The only benefit is that you can achieve the right height with your suspension, without the tyres fouling the arches.

There are probably down sides with regards to traction being compromised, but I never noticed as my driving style is pretty laid back.

I did exactly that when I fitted my coilovers, used the 235/35 19 falkens off the front for the rears, and put fresh 225/35's on the front. It worked alright. These were ET45, there was still some space there, 10mm though, I'm not sure:

fa24a114.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

The front tires on mine are same thread depth as the rears, so it wont be a problem. Did you have any problems of the beading coming off and leaking or, any damage to the alloys.

If you dont mind, have you got any pics of the fronts on 225 please.

As yours were et45, having a gap of 10mm , it should be fine as mine are et35.

I would Rather get it sorted now, Than spend more money on changing tires, done it so many times now, pisstake.

Thanks for the help.

What are the benefits in going with less width on the tyres?

I've got cades tyrus which are 8.5j and 9.5j on the rear...

235/35/19 on the front and 265/30/19 and thought the stretched tyre always looked good?

THanks for the reply.

The reason why i wanna go to a low width , is that it will stop the rears from rubbing. Had a problem with the current tires when i went to the car meet in febuary, tires had come off the beading with the alloys, second time in the past 3 months.

The offset of those cades you got, must be either et40-45. So it would be fine.

My previous 19 inch alloys had a et45, these had like 5 mm gap between the arches, but as these current alloys are et35, these rub on the archs in corners.

The stretched looked with 265, is good, less chance of kerbing the alloys too. :)

235/35s on a 9.5 with ET35 will Rub on bumps occasionally or when cornering hard, but will fit ...nice bit of stretch too (thats what i found with mine which is a cab on M sport suspension so fairly low at the back)

hope this helps

235/35/19 on 9.5j rim

D54C5112-9FAB-4620-B736-78DDCAC35A09-689

and here are a set of CSL reps that i had before...9.5j ET35

75DFFF18-FCCC-48A6-9A23-8B34AC730731-388

9C40DC9C-2445-4B68-B6D7-148D59146958-388

Thanks for the reply.

Nice car, likeing the colour.

Thats the look i was hoping for, Did you have any problems of the beading coming off and leaking or, any damage to the alloys.

Were your fronts with 225/35/19 tires, as it looks stretched.

From what i have read, the coupe has more room where the wheel go than the verts. So, it should not rub with that tire set up i think.

Thanks for the help mate.

The only benefit is that you can achieve the right height with your suspension, without the tyres fouling the arches.

There are probably down sides with regards to traction being compromised, but I never noticed as my driving style is pretty laid back.

I agree bit above, thats the only reason why i would go for this set up, i know the traction will be affected, but you cant have both, unless you have a m3. The traction would be a lot better with these than the old 16 inch alloys i had before. lol

im running a 19x9.5 et35 with a 235/35/19 on the rear of my 330ci but had to roll the arches rubs when your five up but how often are you five up?

Thanks for the reply.

Nice car, likeing the colour.

Thats the look i was hoping for, Did you have any problems of the beading coming off and leaking or, any damage to the alloys.

Were your fronts with 225/35/19 tires, as it looks stretched.

From what i have read, the coupe has more room where the wheel go than the verts. So, it should not rub with that tire set up i think.

Thanks for the help mate.

nah fronts were 235/35 as well as i already had the tyres...will be switching to 225/35 once they are worn.

No problems with tyres. The tyres seal really well, just make sure the tyre pressure is right.

No adverse affect on driving, but then again i dont drive hard.

No damage from alloys as of yet, just be careful of kerbs and potholes.

im running a 19x9.5 et35 with a 235/35/19 on the rear of my 330ci but had to roll the arches rubs when your five up but how often are you five up?

Thanks , most of the time its me and my brother in the car, rarely its 4 in the car, it rubs badly with the current set up like that, annoying noise.

nah fronts were 235/35 as well as i already had the tyres...will be switching to 225/35 once they are worn.

No problems with tyres. The tyres seal really well, just make sure the tyre pressure is right.

No adverse affect on driving, but then again i dont drive hard.

No damage from alloys as of yet, just be careful of kerbs and potholes.

Thanks mate, yeah was thinking of going for 225/35/19 tires on the front, but it extra cost and some tire fitters struggle with even 255/30/19 on putting on the alloys. Need to find a good one in my area, most of them scratch the alloys.

I know someone on here who is selling a 245/35/19 tire , might go for that and just swap the rear ones, might look odd having one stretched tires and the other slightly stretched lol. :huh: .

I try my best too avoid potholes, its like a game for me, see how many i can avoid (trying to be careful too, so that i dont hit anyone). I did it in front of some cops once, they looked at me and smiled. i think they knew the pain we go thorugh, when we hit a potholes, especially on the wallets. lol

Thank you all for your advice. :thumbup:

just remember you have to have the same tyre size on the same axle, MOT failure and possible fine if you dont

Edited by shafz

just remember you have to have the same tyre size on the same axle, MOT failure and possible fine if you dont

Got the 18s mv1 on the car now. so should be fine.

here is the pic of the rear bbs alloy with the current tire, 255/30/19.

IMG_20130408_200503-1.jpg

IMG_20130408_200756-1.jpg