abhardwaj1990

abhardwaj1990's slightly different e46 330d sport - 'Bonnie the Beemer'

Why have you put the red thing in the boot/armrest section

It's a port, and it will be painted black!

It's because the box is not ported, but fully sealed, this way the boot will act as a box, and the port is there to relieve the air pressure and also let some sound through to the car :)

Will possibly be putting a second one in too :)

Ahhh right! Good idea man! I was planning on putting a sub in my car soon, but building a box so it sits over the battery and I still got my boot space. But I have been thinking of making it a quick release thing just incase I have to get to the battery at all. Also am running a standard headunit too...

Love the build dude ;)

Snap on the boot sub! ;)

I got a sub grille from maplins that sits over the top so it doesn't get damaged...

Awesome work!

I thought about grilling it, but don't like the look of them, look a lot cleaner without, so decided I'm going to false floor with a removable lid for protection, in which I'll put a hole in, flat grill and then carpet on top so it's hidden...kind of like this...

anna44.JPGanna49.JPG

Just need to decide if I'm going to look for matching grey carpet to the boot, which is going to be a mission I reckon...Or dye the current carpets black

Ahhh right! Good idea man! I was planning on putting a sub in my car soon, but building a box so it sits over the battery and I still got my boot space. But I have been thinking of making it a quick release thing just incase I have to get to the battery at all. Also am running a standard headunit too...

I was going to have it above the battery, but decided to go for the spare wheel well for the space! Fairly easy to set up on the standard unit tbh, I didn't have to take any wiring from the boot into the cabin, everything is in the boot :D

Hey up buddy,gorgeous lookin motor,are you in derby by any chance?

Hey mate, cheers! I work in Derby, live in Long Eaton :)

I like the work so far but the port, yes I see it is a benefit as the boot will act as another enclosure, but I would have a rectangle one with it protruding from the back if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

What do you mean, with it protruding from where?

I'm in derby buddy,and my business is in castle donington hence why i recognized some places in your pics got a few mates in long eaton way.i wouls of loved to come to a meet but i'm away for a few days in cornwall with my family,my little girl starts her first day of school on weds and just wanted to spend some time with her.but deffo would be up for another meet if one gets sorted.

Just read this from start to well here !, awesome work mate love the 3 on both sets of wheels, thought the monza's where Porsche teledials at first , think they suit the car better in silver, and again good work on the arches wish I could do body work and paint would make life a lot easier !!!

I'm in derby buddy,and my business is in castle donington hence why i recognized some places in your pics got a few mates in long eaton way.i wouls of loved to come to a meet but i'm away for a few days in cornwall with my family,my little girl starts her first day of school on weds and just wanted to spend some time with her.but deffo would be up for another meet if one gets sorted.

oh awesome, will have to message you when the next meets are on!

nice car mate! how did you manage to fit the preface tail lights on a facelift? been wanting to do this for some time!

Thanks a lot mate! I had to change the wiring slightly, had to use the connections from the prefacelift as new ones are different! Just matched all the wires to the right bulbs/connections! Bit of a paind but doable if you're handy with a soldering iron!

Just read this from start to well here !, awesome work mate love the 3 on both sets of wheels, thought the monza's where Porsche teledials at first , think they suit the car better in silver, and again good work on the arches wish I could do body work and paint would make life a lot easier !!!

Thanks a lot mate, yeah a lot of people do think they're 'dials lol. Appreciate it :)

Other than the mad lows/stretch I adore this car.

I love the DIY approach you've taken. I've gotta say you're a man of many skills!

haha, it's the lows that make this car a little differnt from the rest :) And as for stretch, there isn't that much at all :lol:

Sorry about the late reply guys, not had much time to get on here, been busy with work and other things!

But yeah. not updated this in a while! May as well now... Not much has changed, apart from moar lows

First, finally finished my boot build:
1234671_10151852929115638_1723674039_n.j
Went for the dreaded MOT, and failed:
1266753_10151874340405638_1804155281_o.j
Failed on corroded front to rear brake lines and leaky rear suspension
Fixed that shiz:
1374781_10151924067665638_1103196244_n.j
Then once that was all sorted, treated the car to some more lowering.... and since, went to Players 7.0, got to park up in the main show hangar which was awesome. And since, just been to a few meets here and there, and got a cheeky spot in Performance BMW mag! I'll bore you with the rest of the pics!
1378482_10151926360135638_22740119_n.jpg
10089568373_efa20f6709_c.jpg
10089498014_36b17afd85_c.jpg
10437588874_9f7fbf87b5_c.jpg
10089507133_009eae4f6c_c.jpg
10089437925_38b4cf0084_c.jpg
10089528553_b76a6017e9_c.jpg
10089536573_8ba3d801f9_c.jpg
10089466765_3463bdc077_c.jpg
The car may be up for sale in the next few months... just need to find something else that takes my fancy! :)

I saw it in PBMW Mag and thought - "I know where I've seen that before" - what else is taking your fancy at the moment then? Any ideas?

I bet you look at cars with no consideration for the way they look now but only with a thought to what they could be like if you got your hands on them! That's how I look at them but I don't get the opportunity to actually do it like you seem to be able to do! Perhaps I ought to stop making excuses for why I don't and get on with it - or perhaps just enjoy looking at other people's ways of spending their money as I do now!

Kirkynut

Wow guys, thanks for the love and kind comments! :wub:

Haven't been on here in a while, fell out of love with the car and just got bored in general! But since going to a couple of shows/meets, seeing some old friends, I've decided to keep the 46 and go all out with it!

So since the last update, the Monza's came off, they're split down, waiting to be refurbished (doing something different this year).

Raised the car so it was like a 4x4, sold the MV1's, and bought some CSL reps with massive tyres.

Drove/trashed it over winter.

Then after a couple of shows, I got the bug again, so stretchy tyres went on, and the car got dropped again!

Pictures of it now (bearing in mind, it hasn't been cleaned since the start of January :lol: )

13521201193_4d05630ffb_b.jpg

13521209523_60f3b9c730_b.jpg

13521425174_b1fd1637a3_b.jpg

Some big changes coming in the next couple of weeks. Watch this space :ph34r: