Gaz

Solved - [E46 M3] Rough running/idle. Revs hunting. Engine shaking

That's a good shout actually Harmz. I'll swap 3 and 4 over and see what happens. I guess that would tell me if it was the spark plug as opposed to the coil pack as well.

It's still at work Siff, but the security were nice enough to let me stash it in the warehouse overnight :D

Nice chaps.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a coil pack fault and going by the fault codes. If you remove that duff one and it doesn't make a difference you know its faulty. Also as mentioned swap em over, the faulty should in theory transfer to the other cylinder.

Edited by DJ Syxx

On 26/09/2020 at 05:27, Bulen said:

Put a match to it. Problem solved. No just kidding. Try cleaning the Vamos Solenoids, after a period of time they get clogged, which causes it to idle rough and loose a lot of power. Clean them with brake cleaner or WD40 and that should fix it. 

The OP said, only a few comments above yours that he replaced coil pack 4 and it fixed the issue.

But more importantly - it was SEVEN YEARS ago!!! 🤣

On 26/09/2020 at 05:27, Bulen said:

Put a match to it. Problem solved. No just kidding. Try cleaning the Vamos Solenoids, after a period of time they get clogged, which causes it to idle rough and loose a lot of power. Clean them with brake cleaner or WD40 and that should fix it. 

I didn't know BMW produced a Rafa Nadal Limited Edition M3. You learn something new every day.