mit

Embedded quotes

Hi Sam,

Can you turn off the embedded quoting. It's pretty annoying having to remove quoting when reply quoting to someone who was reply quoting to someone else (or to you).

I guess you ran some forum upgrade that changed the settings...

Hi Sam,

Can you turn off the embedded quoting. It's pretty annoying having to remove quoting when reply quoting to someone who was reply quoting to someone else (or to you).

I guess it takes up more server space too?

Hi Sam,

I only said that to get some embedded action going :)

Hi Sam,

Probably not that much more server space, but it would build up over time I guess...

Hi Sam,

Yeah, it makes for a good demonstration of the problem!

Hi Sam,

I like this type of quoting, they old system where it wouldn't quote previous quotes was a pain.

Hi Sam,

I like this type of quoting, they old system where it wouldn't quote previous quotes was a pain.

Wow, Blair actually likes something on the forum! Either that or he's bluffing as he knows that as soon as he says he likes something Sam will change it :lol:

I only just turned nested quoting back on. It's the normal way for a forum, and all you need to remove one of the nested quotes is click on the "mit, on 04 Jun 2013 - 09:08, said:" bit and click delete. It's programmed to delete that entire quote.

If I turn it off and people want to do a nested quote, its not possible. But with it on, you can easily delete them.

Server space isn't an issue.

ETA: Cheeky git Mit! I'm hoping he says he likes you too ;)

Edited by Sam

It wasn't normal on this forum.

Maybe that was one of the reasons why people said they like this forum more than the rest. It was for me.

Hi Sam I've got a small problem with the zone when browsing on my iPhone. When I view a thread that I have already read and return to find new post it always takes me back to the very top. This can be annoying if the thread is 10+ pages.

Anyone else having the same problem? When browsing on my pc I have no trouble at all.

:)

Hi Sam I've got a small problem with the zone when browsing on my iPhone. When I view a thread that I have already read and return to find new post it always takes me back to the very top. This can be annoying if the thread is 10+ pages.

Anyone else having the same problem? When browsing on my pc I have no trouble at all.

I think this is just browser behaviour... IE does it nicely but Chrome doesn't on my PC.

Maybe that was one of the reasons why people said they like this forum more than the rest. It was for me.

Hum, I'm sure it was. Weird. Anyway, I'm liking it, and as I say, you can remove nested quotes, but you can't add them in.

All of the links go to "newposts", a href tag in the page. So unless you're "marking all forum as read" I don't see how its happening, it doesn't for me.

What iOS version do you run?

whats the difference between quote & multiquote?

Quote just quotes one post. Multiquote selects a post and allows you to select a few posts together for a quoted reply in a single post.

Edited by mit

Hum, I'm sure it was. Weird. Anyway, I'm liking it, and as I say, you can remove nested quotes, but you can't add them in.

All of the links go to "newposts", a href tag in the page. So unless you're "marking all forum as read" I don't see how its happening, it doesn't for me.

I've got a iPhone 4s with iOS 5.1.1

It happened again just now when I returned to this thread. It used to take me to the last post I viewed.

So I'm the only one with this problem?

I don't even attempt to look at 40 page build threads lol.

Cheers

ockquote> All of the links go to "newposts", a href tag in the page. So unless you're "marking all forum as read" I don't see how its happening, it doesn't for me.

It happened again just now when I returned to this thread. It used to take me to the last post I viewed.

Cheers

Same here, iphone 5 ios 6.0.2

Cheers

Works fine on my iphone.

Hi Sam,

Wow, Blair actually likes something on the forum! Either that or he's bluffing as he knows that as soon as he says he likes something Sam will change it :lol:

It feels good to join in.

Found a bit of quirk with quoting, if you quote and do something wrong within [ ] (spelling mistake in my instance......) the page just hangs either saying saving post or if you use the more reply options to a blank page.

On iPad using safari with latest updates etc.