MrWhite

New 4-series

60 posts in this topic

Dee330Ci   

IMHO, that's ugly! Don't like the front at all, side profile looks a bit wrong at the front end and the rear doesn't look at all sporty. E46 and the E90 coupes are much better looking.

Mike-   

I imagine it'll look good in the flesh and in Sport spec, but hate the front end of the new 3/4-series.

mit   

I think it looks great! Love the convertible too :)

Phatz   

Usually takes me a while to get used to new BMW models, but this actually looks quite good. Why have BMW changed the 3 series coupe to the 4 series though?.....

mit   

Usually takes me a while to get used to new BMW models, but this actually looks quite good. Why have BMW changed the 3 series coupe to the 4 series though?.....

Odd numbers for frumpy family cars, even numbers for cool badass models.

So the saloons are still 1, 3, 5, 7 but the coupes and convertibles are 2, 4, 6, 8.

Now all they need to do is start making the other numbers actually match the engine size again. Which would make my current car a 430e instead of a 325i lol :)

Kenkus28   

Not a fan of this new BMW bonnet shapes. But its still a BMW so will defo get one as soon as I can afford it.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7000<br /><br />

Westy   

Not a fan of this new BMW bonnet shapes. But its still a BMW so will defo get one as soon as I can afford it.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7000<br /><br />

So you would buy a car you don't like the look of, but like the name? !!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by Westy

Personally i think the 4 looks awesome..... I randomly received a mailshot from BMW this week about the 4 series - I assume they will be starting pre-orders some time soon....

Meh, looks ok. It will definitely look sick in person and in M sport trim I reckon. But the new BMW's don't really do anything for me.

The E9X series after the E46 didnt do much for me either...... but the 4 series has caught my attention

dunk1   

Not big fan of new BM's to be honest hence i went and bought my second e46 vert

Packer   

The design is too fussy for my tastes.

I'm looking forward to when simplicity comes back in style again, probably in about 10 years time.

Hopefully my current car will keep going until then :)

Westy   

Yes i agree packer,far to many contours,shapes,angles,cut outs and general b******t going on.Also these fancy shaped lights within lights within indicators that you can't see in the day time should be stopped.There should be a rule when making cars that all lights should be in the same cluster but separate and the indicators must be on the corner of the vehicle so at a quick glance when seeing a car approaching you can look straight for the indicator,not have to look what car it is first then search for it.

HP88   

After seeing the pictures and advert for the concept the actual car is bit of a disappointment.

coupe_zpsbbd32f7b.jpg

It instantly made me think of the Hyundai Coupe....granted, it's not identical but close enough to not be unique.

I LOVE cars that turn heads because they have sleek individual lines and have an air of 'one-offness'.

This doesn't

mjn   

The new F30 look good in Estoril Blue, so there is hope for the 4 series yet :thumbsup:

mit   

coupe_zpsbbd32f7b.jpg

It instantly made me think of the Hyundai Coupe....granted, it's not identical but close enough to not be unique.

I LOVE cars that turn heads because they have sleek individual lines and have an air of 'one-offness'.

This doesn't

That Hyundai isn't too far off a Ferrari just from the pic though.

And if you look at the side profile of an E91 it looks a lot like the side profile of a Ford Focus touring, in photos.

The difference is in the size of the car when you see a real one.

mjn   

Plus, i was reading somewhere, by the time you've taken all the EU requirements, minimum leg/headroom expected, boot space, etc

And then the obvious ones, like wheels, engine in the front and a lot of car manufacturer's owned by the same group, so share chassis' and engines.

Most cars are now starting to look similiar to each other.

Edited by My Car Hates Me!

mit   

Most cars have always looked similar. Look at every decade and most cars look broadly the same. It's because the styling follows industry fashion trends. That's also why colours get popular and unpopular.

We are a fickle bunch really...

coupe_zpsbbd32f7b.jpg

This doesn't

To be fair, I dont think the pics of the red 4 series do the car justice......... the pics of the 4 series sport in silver floating about the internet certainly wouldnt have me confusing the 4 for a Hyundai

Mike-   

The silver one was a concept, this is the production version.

Far too busy a design, look at the state of the door it looks like a crinkly chip.