Sign in to follow this  
forbes88

2003 e46 320d injectors

Evening all

I know it's been asked alot and I've searched but not found a definitive answer.

I've just bought a 2003 e46 320d msport it needs the injectors replacing. I've bought the injectors off a low miler 320d.

My question is can I just replace them and itl be fine or will they need reprogramming ?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Andrew

I don't know about the e46 diesel's. But I do work for a company that makes and tests diesel injectors (along with a lot of other components) and the technicians are forever reprogramming the QR codes from different injector to different injector so I wouldn't be so sure about that. Although as I said I have never changed one myself so don't know for sure.

the dde is the engines ecu unit and inpa is bmw diagnostic software ,can be bought fairly cheap.

i was told if the injectors arn't coded to the dde they will run in a kind of default setting, i replaced mine and used the car for about a month before i coded them and didn't realy see a difference so i'm not sure how much difference it really makes.

each injector has it's own unique code, euro 3 engines have a six digit code and euro 4 have a 7 digit code

Sorry to go off topic (maybe) but Nick330ci - does your company do injectors for road cars?

Could you make 335d injectors from 330d units? Lol