Adrianc333

The BMW M3 Coupe is Officially Dead.

There's still room for a M3 Saloon and Touring though...

Cant see a Touring coming, BMW wont make an F11 M5 as the E61 didnt sell in any real numbers

And there's never been an M3 Touring (offically)

It will be back once they realise what a mistake they have made

Not like it is being killed off, just a name change, it will live on as the M4 and unless they axe the whole 4 series range then there will never be another 3 series coupe, letalone an M3 coupe

Can't see it affecting E46 prices TBH, but I can see E93 prices being strengthened

As I've mentioned above though, it's not like they are killing it off, they are just renaming it, so you can still buy an M4 if you want a coupe

There's a 2 series coming out as well, effectively the coupe range of the 1 series

Can't see it affecting E46 prices TBH, but I can see E93 prices being strengthened

As I've mentioned above though, it's not like they are killing it off, they are just renaming it, so you can still buy an M4 if you want a coupe

There's a 2 series coming out as well, effectively the coupe range of the 1 series

But now people selling E46s M3 would have priced it low due to the e9x M3s. Now however even the E46 M3 would be a sort of collectable so as there is no more 3 series M. If that makes sense

Sent from my GT-N7000

Don't understand when people get upset about this. It's just a rebrand.. It's not being killed off.

Personally I think the worst thing about it is that they're dropping the NA engine. Don't get me wrong I love turbo engines (esp. being a diesel owner) but the truly great //M engines were all NA's. They should've stayed NA.. Saying that though I 100% understand why they've done it.

I just wish they do like an M3 CSL with a high-revving NA engine.

i think its a good thing really. there's far to much living in the past for car manufacturers, about time someone stood up and did something new rather than hoping that a name steeped in history will help shift some overweight wannabe. GTi anybody?

Lets face it, the last m3 is so far removed from the e30 version its about time they came up with a new name. Hopefully it'll force them to actually make something worth remembering rather than just slapping a memorable badge on the boot and hoping that's enough.

They still make the m3 though, it's just now a 4 door! I personally don't see how it'd affect the value of the e9x and e46 m3's as someone who wants a NEW 2 door M3 would just buy an M4 :s and anyone who wanted an M3 would just continue buying the M3.

It's like when they discontinued the compact when they went from e46 to e9x, I haven't seen the demand/prices of the compacts shoot up now as they're no longer made:.. People just buy a 1 series instead! :s