cjohnson

330d custom exhaust options?

Yes they do

Balls, standard exhaust with decat downpipe it is then!

Mine don't 6 pot sounds great,heard alot of golf tdi's that do that

Aye, i had an ibiza td with the 130hp 1.9 tdi in and it did it. It's the variable vane turbos apparently.

Yes they do

Something wrong with yours then LOL

My 330d has decat & straight thru pipe,sounds great with no chirp

Can we have a sound/video clip... pleeeeaaaaassseee :thumbup:

I've done some preliminary drawings of the exhaust and worked out angles etc, may have a go at doing a diy bolt together 76mm straight through system using parts from Jetex, if it works and sounds good I'll then replicate it in stainless steel but welded properly.

Yes they do

Something wrong with yours then LOL .

Just going on my own experience when my exhaust got ripped off 3 weeks ago and had just the decated downpipe connected

Not the same sound though,alot different with full exhaust

Was just about to start a topic and noticed this one, I'm after some form of dual or quad system for my facelift 330CD...its more for the asthetics but a bit of note under acceleration would be nice...does anybody have any reccomendations?

I would like something like this:

E46quad3.jpg

May not be to everyones taste but I think it looks awesome, would consider an M3 style where they are closer together but heard its hard to do on a 330?...Also don't want to replicate an M3 too much as it isnt one!

Would really appreciate any advice as I'm struggling to find anything that isn't stupid money

So I believe, I wonder if it would be possible to simply get the current system modified, ie change the current tailpipe (or maybe even the whole back box) then get the extra pipe made up with matching tail piece and welded into the existing system, would this cause any issues with the car running? Back pressures etc, I'm not very clued up on the subject. .. I'll have a look underneath tomorrow and see how much space is available under the car.

As said it's more for the aesthetics than any performance gains.

No bother!

I havnt myself really, I've always had a thing for dual exit systems just never had a car that could actually pull it off! I think there's a fine line between it looking classy and looking tacky... Time will tell!

Earlier I posted a vid of a 330d with straight pipes replacing the back box.

Here's a couple more, but with a twin pipe setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOusePj4B60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJqfbcNQPYY

Edit: Not mine BTW

Edited by Aamir

Earlier I posted a vid of a 330d with straight pipes replacing the back box.

Here's a couple more, but with a twin pipe setup.

What was involved in getting that setup? Is the right hand pipe shorter than the left? Looks it on the video

Thanks,

Looks like 2 pipes connected to the stock system.

I think he went for a shorter pipe rather than cut the bumper on the other side :blink:

The more exhaust variations we can get in this thread, the more informed choice people can make :D

I also posted a vid with downpipe removed (page 3), that's sound pretty awesome.

I'm contemplating getting an exhaust butterfly valve from the states.

At the flick of a switch the sound changes dramatically, otherwise stock sound.

Edited by Aamir