cjohnson

330d custom exhaust options?

Sounds like turbulence @ 1.42,

my bro's Corrado G60 did the same thing, sweet :)

Bout time

156f40fc98a7f714afc794ce2f3081bd.jpg

What was the price of this dude?

....Phone.....

Not a 330d, but still the Baddest sounding 320d ever ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwdqj0Yncmg

(unequal length turbo manifold)

Edited by Aamir

These all sound awesome, unfortunately with my job I have to be careful of vehicle mods and stay on the right side of the law.

Has anyone ever bought an Ecotune backbox for 330d? Im looking at getting one of their decats at some point next year and wondering if its worth the full system or just getting tips welded on. How much difference does it make having a decat and aftermarket backbox to having a standard system? (pre mapping)

Spotted that magnex on ebay as ive been after a new backbox/exhaust for mine. Sounds and looks like it could be the one! I take it that the original exhaust needs cutting/ modifiying and its not as simple as just taking one section off and bolting another on?

After months of trying to decide I've just ordered an Eisenmann race backbox. They are quite heavily discounted on eBay.

I was going to go for the Magnex but couldn't be chewed having the whole exhaust sat in the garage/ transporting the thing around and had been advised they sat quite low. With the Eisenmann being just the backbox and not all that much more money it seemed to best option plus they hold their money second hand (man maths!)

I was looking at my exhaust today... thinking of running a 3" single straight pipe instead of 2 x 2.5" pipes into a slash cut tailpipe. Shouldn't be any difference in performance 

On 05/12/2015, 22:20:34, MILLER_102 said:

I was looking at my exhaust today... thinking of running a 3" single straight pipe instead of 2 x 2.5" pipes into a slash cut tailpipe. Shouldn't be any difference in performance 

The Maths says:

Single 2.5" pipe has an area of 4.9in2 (or 9.8in2 for twin pipes)

Single 3" pipe has an area of 7.06in2

Edited by Aamir